If you’re after the perfect blend of Melbourne city style and country charm, you’ll adore what Captain Melville — one of the city’s oldest pubs — has to offer. With several romantic spaces to personalise, iconic bluestone walls, fully stocked bars boasting old-fashioned cocktails, and experienced chefs ready to tailor a menu to your liking, you won’t want to leave! And luckily for you, you won’t have to rush off thanks to Captain Melville’s fantastic 24-hour licensing.
You may be after an intimate, atmospheric gathering with your nearest and dearest complete with stunning wooden detailing, draping greenery, and comfortable booths. Or maybe a vibrant, modern affair with neon signage and unique lighting is more your taste! Whatever your desired wedding style, Captain Melville can accommodate. Their dedicated functions team will work closely with you to ensure every detail is to your satisfaction. From assisting with decorating to customising a wedding cake, you won’t have to lift a finger — apart from sprinkling your unique style into the space.
“We got many compliments about Captain Melville. The food was amazing, the venue looked incredible. It was a perfect size; all worked wonderfully as a wedding venue. Amazing team to work with. They listened to all requests and actioned everything we'd agreed. The team genuinely enjoyed being a part of our celebration on the night. I couldn't be happier!” — Delanie W.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Captain Melville Melbourne:
- Unique, romantic wedding settings. If you’re on the hunt for gorgeous, dreamy wedding settings plucked straight out of a fairytale book, Captain Melville can deliver! Boasting the perfect blend of modern city chic and old-style country charm, you’ll have no trouble making your guests feel welcomed. From the stylish, spacious courtyard and trendy balcony bar to a cosy front bar, private function room, and the famed Loch and Key space, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Captain Melville offers several stunning ceremony locations and flexible reception arrangements to suit any and every wedding theme.
- Styling flexibility. If you’ve been dreaming of a wedding filled with twinkling fairy lights, draping greenery, neon signage, or beautiful lush blooms, you’re in luck! Captain Melville allows couples to decorate and personalise as much as they please! As an already-stylish canvas, you won’t have any trouble dolling this venue up (if it even needs it!). Complete with polished wooden floors, striking plants, feature walls, unique lighting, iconic bluestone walls, and an abundance of intricate, ornate detailing, the possibilities are endless — not the mention the chic photo opportunities.
- Customisable menus. Known for serving delicious, hearty meals and old-fashioned cocktails reminiscent of the building’s era, you can expect nothing less than an exquisite culinary experience. If you prefer to have Captain Melville’s experienced chefs craft something more in line with your wedding theme, they are more than happy to do so.
What Captain Melville Melbourne weddings are like:
- Stylish, heritage gastropub wedding venue
- Romantic, ambient ceremony and reception settings
- 24-hour licensed venue
- Customisable wedding packages
- Mouthwatering menus with bespoke options
- Entire venue hire available
- Warm, dedicated team of professionals with 10+ years of experience in the wedding industry
- Same-sex marriage friendly
- Decorations service
- Customised wedding cake
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Captain Melville Melbourne?
Captain Melville can accommodate up to 150 guests for a wonderful, atmospheric wedding experience.
“Captain Melville is great! The atmosphere is cool. Their team is also really friendly. They know what they’re doing and what they’re talking about, and you can tell making the customers happy is their main priority. They made my little ones occupied with activities. The food is good for their prices.” — Erika G.