If you’re looking for an iconic Melbourne wedding venue rich in history, exquisite architecture, and character, the Atlantic Group’s Sophia is the perfect space for you! You and your guests will be in awe of the sublime ornate detailing, rustic wooden accents, antique chandeliers, gorgeous balcony, and suspended high ceilings.
This stunning, historic wedding venue is truly the epitome of 19th-century elegance, class, and spunk. Even the door handles boast their own special charm! Whether you’re after a quaint, intimate wedding celebration within one of the unique spaces or prefer an elaborate affair throughout the entire venue, the choice is yours!
With over two decades of experience hosting over 400 weddings a year, the Atlantic Group team promises an exceptional, unforgettable customer experience. From supplying top wedding caterers to taking care of even the smallest details, you won’t have to worry about a thing. All you’ll have to do is soak up the magic, memories, and charm the striking features at Sophia hold!
“The Atlantic Group was s fantastic to deal with. Sian was very professional, organised, and always there for you. No question was a silly question! She was absolutely great, and she even met us on our wedding night to make sure everything was organised to our liking and ensured we were having a great time. The food was fabulous (as usual,) and we received positive comments from all of our guests. We couldn't recommend this company any higher!” — Nellie B.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Sophia Melbourne:
- Elegant, light-filled weddings settings. Sophia boasts two enchanting wedding spaces that can either be enjoyed separately or together! The Ballroom offers couples vintage chandeliers, gorgeous hardwood flooring, a picture-perfect balcony with spectacular views, and an abundance of natural sunlight. The majestic Gallery offers 60-metres of elaborate architectural design, 26 arched windows, and a mesmerising suspending ceiling.
- Gorgeous heritage building. The second you set your eyes upon the beautiful Sophia, you’ll feel swept up in a fairytale of history, passion, and class. As the former home and studio to Australia’s beloved artist, David Bromely, Sophia holds an undeniable charm and elegance. Set in one of Melbourne’s most iconic locations, you can enjoy endless stunning photo opportunities while admiring the historical significance of the building.
- Outstanding customer service. The Atlantic Group comprise a team of dynamic, professional, passionate wedding planners and catering experts ready to bring your dream wedding to life! From setting you up with innovative, seasonal menus to accommodating your bold, unique, creative requests, you can rest assured knowing you’re in capable hands!
What Sophia Melbourne weddings are like:
- Elegant, heritage wedding venue
- Iconic Melbourne location
- Light-filled wedding settings
- Gorgeous ornate architectural detailing
- Passionate, thoughtful team with over two decades of experience
- Supplied wedding caterers
- 19th-century charm
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Sophia Melbourne?
Sophia can accommodate up to 350 guests for a truly unique wedding experience.
“Thank you to the Atlantic Group team for putting up with me throughout the whole process of planning my wedding. You have been easy to deal with from our very first email chat leading up to our wedding day. I can't thank you enough for making everything run smoothly!” — Lynn N.