Hotel Kurrajong Canberra first opened it's doors in 1926 and was the home to Prime Minister Ben Chifley throughout his political career, up until he passed away in 1951. Hotel Kurrajong Canberra continues to hold onto this heritage by sharing the history during guided tours and by reflecting the hotels' roots through its beautiful art-deco decor. The hotel is also proud keepers of books and artwork from the city's political history and leaders.
"From the minute we booked with Hotel Kurrajong Canberra we knew our wedding day was going to be perfect for us. The team was super responsive, always had an answer, and said yes to everything we requested." - Ann
If you've been dreaming of an elegant, stylish wedding
at a venue steeped in history, then look no further than Hotel Kurrajong Canberra. Whether you're planning to host an intimate event, sit-down dinner or a cocktail party, this stunning Canberra hotel
is the perfect location.
Choose to have your wedding ceremony
in our stunning courtyard or beautiful garden terrace, followed by a reception under the elegance of chandelier lights. Have the option to stay the night prior with your bridal party in a Heritage Family Room and complete your evening as a married couple with a walk back to one of our executive suites.What you'll love about your Hotel Kurrajong Canberra wedding:
What are the rooms at Hotel Kurrajong Canberra like?
- Everything in one place. Feel at ease knowing your wedding day celebrations can take place in one location. From accommodation, ceremony, reception and gorgeous wedding photography spots.
- Flexibility. Choose to host up to 150 guests in a sit-down dinner or opt for a cocktail style reception for 350 guests.
- Exceptional service. The team at Hotel Kurrajong Canberra will take care of everything for you, including curating a wedding package and menu tailored to your style, taste and wishes.
The hotel comprises 147 gorgeous restored rooms overlooking Hotel Kurrajong Canberra's beautiful terrace gardens, including 26 that are located in the Heritage Wing with four executive suites.
What hotel facilities are available at Hotel Kurrajong Canberra?
- Classic Room. Modern room with art deco finishes.
- Classic Family Room. A spacious room with interconnecting bedrooms and two bathrooms, accommodating for up to four people.
- Heritage Room. Located in the Heritage Wing which initially opened in 1926.
- Heritage Family Room. A spacious room located in the Heritage Wing. Interconnecting bedrooms with two bathrooms, and accommodates for up to four people.
- Heritage Room with Balcony. Step out onto a private balcony overlooking beautiful gardens.
- Executive Suite. Relax in a spacious room with a separate living area, private bedroom and luxurious amenities and bathtub.
- Terrace Room. Soak up the sun and enjoy indoor and outdoor living. Step out of your room to a terrace area with outdoor furniture.
Does Hotel Kurrajong Canberra have a restaurant onsite?
- 24-hr reception
- Luggage storage
- Free WiFi
- Room service
- Onsite parking ($15/day and subject to availability)
Yes, Hotel Kurrajong Canberra is home to seasonal and modern restaurant Chifley's Bar & Grill. The restaurant maintains a sense of history and pays homage to the region's wineries and local produce. Chef Saju Rajappan and his team specialise in meat cooked on the grill, while also featuring pasta, risotto and vegetarian dishes and of course tantalising desserts.
Chifley's Bar & Grill is named after Australian's 16th Prime Minister, Ben Chifley. In honour of his favourite drink, the bar offers a curated whiskey menu that takes guests on a tour of whiskies from around the world. They also offer a wide range of local and international wines, cocktails, beers and ciders. Here's what else you need to know about Hotel Kurrajong Canberra:
What are some nearby attractions to Hotel Kurrajong Canberra?
- This wedding venue has a warm interior with a touch of art-deco glamour.
- You can tailor a wedding menu to your heart's desire with our delicious and seasonal produce.
- Wedding venue packages designed specifically for you.
- Various romantic settings throughout the venue to celebrate your wedding day celebrations.
There is a range of local and novel things to do in the vicinity of this Canberra hotel wedding venue.
Stroll through Canberra's National Zoo & Aquarium where you can experience two attractions in one, including Meet the Cheetah. Take a trip to the Australian War Memorial, a must-see for anyone passing through Canberra or visit the National Museum of Australia and explore Australia's social history.
"Hotel Kurrajong Canberra and their event team, were amazing to deal with. It is an absolutely amazing venue with beautiful decor, and we couldn't have asked for a better day." - Sarah