Established in 1836, Emu Bottom is the oldest homestead in Victoria and offers a unique, historic setting for rustic country weddings near Melbourne. Nestled amid acres of lush greenery and beautiful trees, this picturesque property is a popular choice amongst couples planning a relaxed regional wedding. Aside from the stunning surroundings, you’ll love the charming wedding spaces, delicious Cucina style menus, and exceptional service at The Epicurean Emu Bottom.
From large-scale celebrations to intimate affairs, the dedicated events team at The Epicurean Group are experts in creating unforgettable wedding experiences at Emu Bottom Homestead. They offer a range of completely customisable wedding packages and will tailor a bespoke experience to suit your budget and vision.
“Emu Bottom Homestead is a stunning place for a wedding. The rustic old farm style is what we were after, and it was delivered in spades. The food was just fantastic — plentiful and delicious, and everyone loved it. The staff were great and made everything easy, including removing tables to create a bigger dancefloor later in the night. Definitely recommend Emu Bottom!” — Rachelle S.
Choose from 3 stunning locations for your wedding at The Epicurean Emu Bottom:
- The Homestead. The light-filled Homestead is a stunning wedding space with white cobbled walls, ambient lighting, and a lovely old fireplace. This dreamy venue can be styled beautifully to suit various wedding styles and offers the perfect setting for shared grazing feasts. The Homestead can accommodate up to 140 seated guests and 250+ standing.
- The Homestead Lawns. The sprawling lawns at Emu Bottom Homestead offer a beautiful setting for outdoor ceremonies and alfresco/marquee receptions. You could also host a gorgeous alfresco dinner beneath the stars on the Homestead Lawns, subject to weather conditions.
- The Woolshed. Built in 1854, the Woolshed at Emu Bottom features exposed timbers beams and a large stone open fireplace, the perfect centerpiece for country grazing style dinners. This rustic venue is ideal for hosting seated receptions of up to 140 guests and looks beautiful lit up with twinkling fairy lights.
What The Epicurean Emu Bottom weddings are like:
- Unique, regional wedding venue set on 62 acres of verdant grounds
- Conveniently located just 40 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD
- Rustic Woolshed and charming Homestead for wedding receptions
- Sprawling lawns for outdoor ceremonies and marquee receptions
- Completely customisable wedding packages
- Delicious Cucina style menus and grazing feasts
- Endless photo opportunities around the property
“Emu Bottom Homestead was absolutely the best choice for my now husband and me. The venue, both inside and out, is just beautiful. The food was AMAZING, and we just had the best night there. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and they deserve a big shout out for being so great throughout the pandemic.” — Ginny B.