If you want to impress your guests with a truly remarkable wedding experience, The Melbourne Zoo is the venue for you! Filled with tranquil, manicured gardens, animals in their natural habitat from across the globe, and beautiful indoor and outdoor settings, you can’t go wrong. With a wide range of ceremony and reception sites, there’s something for every taste and style. Whether you prefer an intimate reception gathering on a peaceful outdoor terrace surrounded by lush greenery or a formal sit-down dinner complete with floor-to-ceiling glass and your very own private animal exhibit, the choice is yours!
Exquisite lake views, serene gardens, gorgeous cathedral ceilings, spacious dancefloors, striking timber panelling, and twisted bamboo forests are just a sprinkle of the magic that awaits you and your loved ones at the Melbourne Zoo. You may choose to say “I do” amongst the beautiful, fluttering butterflies in the Butterfly House or against the idyllic cherry blossoms of the Japanese Gardens. Whatever your dream wedding looks like, the dedicated, highly experienced team at Zoo Events will help bring it to life.
Catered by the renowned Compass Group, you can expect nothing less than delectable, gourmet fare, locally-sourced ingredients, and innovative, location-inspired menus. The Melbourne Zoo have everything covered, from catering and music to florals and furniture hire. They’ll listen to your unique ideas, offer their expert advice and guidance, and ensure your day runs flawlessly. With years of experience, you won’t have to worry about a thing but instead soak up the magical ambience and atmosphere of a wedding at the beautiful Melbourne Zoo.
The Melbourne Zoo was the perfect location. We got married in the Japanese Gardens, followed by our reception in the Rainforest room. On the day, Katie was our organiser and had everything running smoothly. Oliver was our photography guide, and he was absolutely amazing with all he did. The food was amazing. We had so many compliments on the menu. The whole day and venue were great. The extra experiences are worth paying for. Thank you to everyone involved in our wedding day — we had the best day! — Alysia W.
What you’ll love about your wedding at The Melbourne Zoo:
- Stunning, unique ceremony sites. The Melbourne Zoo boasts some of the most picturesque ceremony locations around! With several enchanting backdrops to choose from, you’ll be spoilt for choice! You may wish to exchange your vows in the Butterfly House amidst the unique pops of colour and fluttering wings. The lush foliage of the South East Asian bamboo forest is also a hit if you want to add an extra element of privacy to your day. The stunning private and idyllic Japanese Garden, the 150-year-old Moreton Bay Fig Tree, and the immaculate Platypus Lawn are also very popular! With stunning pavilions and lawns scattered around the venue, you can’t go wrong.
- Breathtaking, versatile reception settings. For a truly unforgettable reception experience, you’ve come to the right place. The Melbourne Zoo offers couples three distinctive function spaces to enjoy — each boasting its own unique atmosphere. The Rainforest Room is the epitome of lush, tranquil beauty, complete with striking architectural design, picture-perfect views over the Japanese Gardens and Lake, your own personal Tamarin monkey exhibit, floor-to-ceiling glass, and a light-filled, soft ambience. The Bong Su Room is nestled in the heart of the Elephant Trail, boasting private views over our animal exhibit and the sounds of the glorious elephants trumpeting. And last but not least — the Leopard Lodge offers the largest and most flexible reception space. Set to the sounds of lions roaring, this venue offers a lush green background, inbuilt greenery, and a paved outdoor private terrace. All of our beautiful reception rooms have their own dancefloor and bridal suite!
- World-class cuisine. With quality, sustainability, and originality at the heart of The Compass Groups’ catering techniques, you can expect nothing less than delectable bursts of flavour, locally sourced ingredients, and impressive culinary skills. As award-winning chefs and catering specialists, you can rest assured knowing your wedding menu is in good, experienced hands. They can even tailor-design a menu to perfectly suit your needs and requirements.
What The Melbourne Zoo weddings are like:
- Iconic, multi-award-winning attraction
- Stunning, versatile indoor and outdoor wedding settings
- Animals in their natural habitat
- Animal photos and experiences
- Tailor-made packages
- Delicious, gourmet cuisine
- Endless breathtaking photo opportunities
- Outstanding, warm service
- Fantastic supplier recommendations
What are the parking arrangements?
There is plenty of parking available around the Zoo. Parking costs $2 for 5 hours before 5pm, or completely free after 5pm. They can also arrange parking passes for your guests ahead of time.
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at The Melbourne Zoo Victoria?
The Melbourne Zoo can accommodate up to 350 standing guests for a magical, unique wedding experience.
“We had a magical wedding at The Melbourne Zoo. Our ceremony was in the Japanese Gardens, and the reception was in the Rainforest Room. We had so much fun going around the zoo for photos! We had photos on the carousel, champagne watching the elephants, and champagne and canapes watching the giraffes. The quality of the food was brilliant, and the set-up was stunning. Amazing to work with, a perfect day.” — Lauren B.