Located in the heart of the Surfers Paradise, The Island is one of the Gold Coast’s most unique wedding venues. It boasts captivating ocean and hinterland views, gorgeous photo opportunities, boutique onsite accommodation, chic décor, and spectacular ceremony and reception settings. Couples flock to The Island to incorporate the Gold Coast’s natural beauty into their seaside wedding.
The Island offers couples a refreshing, exclusive beachside wedding experience. Terrace views, floor-to-ceiling glass, light and airy wedding spaces, and sky-high ceilings are just a sprinkle of what this all-inclusive wedding venue provides.
You have your pick of exquisite ceremony and reception locations, including the relaxed alfresco Pool Deck boasting coastal vibes and tropical decor. For larger gatherings, the versatile Glasshouse Deck and Ocean View Terrace are ideal. The Mountain View Room overlooking the Gold Coast’s hinterland is perfect for more intimate receptions.
This stunning coastal wedding venue incorporates the natural splendour of the Gold Coast and the famous Surfers Paradise beach into its design through its slick and open spaces, native plant life, and glass facades. If the Island’s architectural delights don’t tempt you, their all-inclusive bespoke menus, onsite boutique hotel, and seamless access to the beach might.
“Great vibe, great food, excellent venue space and versatility. Helpful wedding planner... Everyone was wowed by the venue...” - Caroline S.
What you’ll love about your wedding at The Island Gold Coast:
- The Glasshouse. The Island boasts several awe-inspiring wedding settings, including the venue’s newest addition - The Glasshouse. This classy, marquee-style space boasts floor-to-ceiling glass, an elegant bar, and high ceilings perfect for extravagant wedding receptions.
- The Penthouse. The Penthouse’s exclusive top-floor location offers two private rooms - the open-air Terrace Bar and the adjoining Ocean View Room, ideal for scenic gazing and pre-reception drinks. The warm, beachy tones, and stylish furnishings, including crystal art deco-inspired chandeliers, make for an enchanting backdrop for your wedding.
- Onsite accommodation. The Island Gold Coast Hotel boasts luxury accommodation, featuring fresh, contemporary interior design elements. Your guests will love the convenience of retiring to their stylish rooms as the wedding celebrations wind down.
- All-inclusive bespoke menus. The Island offers delectable in-house catering tailored to your desires and wedding style. Their all-inclusive bespoke menu packages range from family-style dining and plated multi-course meals to cocktail-style and live feasting stations and carts. They also accommodate cultural cuisines and dietary preferences.
What The Island Gold Coast weddings are like:
- Beautiful coastal location set in the heart of the famous Surfers Paradise
- Light, fresh, and airy wedding settings
- Captivating hinterland and ocean views
- Luxury onsite accommodation
- All-inclusive bespoke menu packages
- Dreamy photo opportunities
- Passionate, attentive onsite wedding coordinator
- Bespoke styling packages
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at The Island Gold Coast?
Depending on your desired wedding style, The Island can accommodate up to 350 guests for banquet style weddings and 700 guests for cocktail receptions.
“It was all easy going with them, and they pretty much arranged everything for us! Everything was catered for there. It was just a great place to celebrate and so easy and fun!” - James A.