“Would recommend Chanel to anyone. She kept me calm and did my make-up and hair exactly how I wanted it. The make-up brands she used were also the best.” - Letitia
Since I was a little girl, Makeup has been one of my passions. I remember using my Mom's Makeup, colouring my little face until I looked gorgeous. Well, to me at least.
After school, I pursued this passion at the International Academy of Health and Skincare, where I completed a 4-year degree on Somatology. Somatology is the scientific and holistic study of the body, and it's anatomy. From this, I gained an in-depth knowledge of skincare, as well as the anatomy of the body.
Upon completion of my degree, I started my career at Zorgvliet Spa in the picturesque Franschhoek, where I was appointed as a bridal makeup artist for the weddings that took place on the Zorgvliet Wine Estate. At last, I was fulfilling my dream. Sadly circumstances dictated that I leave Zorgvliet behind, and for a little while, my dream was on hold.
But not for long. A few years ago, I was able to return to my first love to pursue a career as a full-time hair and makeup artist.
As this was my passion, I decided to further my studies by completing a Bridal Hair and Makeup course at Lisa Brow International Academy as well as a Classic and Volume Lash Extensions course through Clarita Smith. After completing the Bridal Hair and Makeup courses, I worked part-time with Lisa Brown on local as well as international weddings and magazine shoots.
Still, I hadn't fulfilled my dream. This only happened when I started my own bridal hair and makeup studio.
When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my family. I am a wife to an amazing husband and mommy to a beautiful son and daughter.
Why is this my passion?
It's probably a cliche, but I believe every girl dreams about her wedding day from a very young age. I certainly have. I believe every woman should look like a princess walking down the aisle on their big day, and for me to be part of that 'you-took-my-breath-away' moment is the most rewarding feeling ever.
Beauty has many forms, and I believe one of them all women can achieve is confidence and loving yourself.
What wedding packages does Chanel Olivier offer?
- Bridal Hair & Make-up this includes different packages for my brides starting with a Bridal Hair & Makeup trial, lashes, as well as a free touch-up kit on your wedding day.
- Professional Hair & Make-up services this includes Hair & Makeup for corporate events, special occasions, styled shoots, and different photoshoots.
- Lash Extensions this includes different professional lash extensions from Classic Lash extensions to Volume Lash extensions
- One-On-One Makeup Classes this includes one-on-one or small group workshops to teach women to understand how to apply their own makeup as well as teach them to do their own makeup from day to evening looks.
- Bridal Hair & Makeup Training this includes a bridal makeup course for a makeup artist that would like to learn more about bridal makeup, as well as a hairstyling course to add an amazing service to your packages for brides
Looking forward to bringing out the princess in you.
“Chanel is great! You won't make a mistake using her. She is a pleasure to work with and very calm. Together with her team, they made us all look beautiful.” - Cecilia