Question Asked: 8/04/2019 Wedding Date: 9/08/2018
Answered by: 10 Experts
Dessert tables are very popular now, where you can have mini cakes, dessert glasses, macarons, chocolates etc so people can pick and choose what they'd like to eat if you're not a big cake fan.
Also for fans of cheese having muptiple tiered wheels of cheese stacked and decorated with flowers and twine on an antipasto grazing table can be an amazing way for a couple who aren't sweet tooths to have something like looks like a cake and they can cut into but then enjoy a cheese platter after rather than cake.
Many couples do like to find an alternative to a standard wedding cake these days and they can be whatever your heart desires! Some examples include:
-Donut towers : with a mini cake on the top to cut.
There are many different alternatives and the sky is the limit!
All Occassion Cakes
Double s for sweetness!
Albury / Wodonga / North East Victoria
The choices are limitless for you and it would depend on whether you prefer something sweet such as cupcakes with a theme.
For example, you may like to consider a theme including any of the following:
* Peacock made of fondant on a small cake and its feathers cascading down in the form of cupcakes with the colour scheme of your choice
* A French croquembouche filled with Coffee and Kahlua Creme Patisserie and adorned with Spun Sugar and Or Petite Mini Flowers
* A Tower of macaroons with your favourite flavours
* A Tower of Chantilly Meringues filled With Raspberry Flavoured Swiss Meringue Buttercream
Cupcake Wedding Theme:
* The top tier would be a small cake with the names of the bride and groom and elegant display of flowers matching the bride's bouquet.
The lower tiers would be beautifully decorated oval-shaped fondant plaques covering the cupcakes with the names of each of the guests in colours that would compliment the wedding theme
* Have the fruits/marshmallows arranged aesthetically on tiered serving platters around the chocolate fountain
Weird and Wonderful:
A theme set in the trend and colours of your favourite hobby/interests/sport that could be replicated in fondant etc
* Wheels of Cheese with fresh flowers /Fruit set in a tier shape
* Fruit Platters (this would depend on the month you were getting married as you would want the freshest seasonal fruit)
I hope this is helpful for you and please don't hesitate to contact me should you require any further suggestions.
With kind regards
Studio E Cakes Tawonga
Melbourne - Specialising In The Northern Suburbs
There are so many great alternatives to wedding cake these days.
We can create Donut, Macaron, Cupcake Towers, Cookie Cakes or yummy slices, cheesecakes, a dessert table of you & your partner's favorites! I have even seen Tim Tam biscuit towers. Sky's the limit.
Have fun making a decision.
Kathy Always Time For Cake - Melbourne
Today you have a great choice , instead of cake , you can have cupcake towers. Maccaroons , cheese wheels and Slices ,
Hope this helps
Cakes by Rosa
Perth and Surrounding
There are many alternatives to a stand-alone wedding cake. You may choose a Croquembouche, a Donut or Cupcake Tower, cake pops, mini-cakes, etc. You can and should be as creative as you like!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask your own question and we'll have our experts answer it.