If you’re in the midst of planning an intimate or micro wedding and are looking for a boutique country venue to facilitate your dream day, then Garwen Park is the enchanting answer. This quiet farm is ideal for smaller weddings, and offers space for up to 60 of your loved ones to watch you wed on the rustic grounds. Ceremonies at Garwen Park often take place with towering river red gum trees in the background, with brides and grooms preparing for their wedding day in the historic, 80-year-old homestead.
Also available for overnight stays, this charming homestead has four spacious rooms with capacity for up to eight lucky guests, in addition to the newlyweds. Couples will be able to retreat to this spacious, modern accommodation after their wedding, and can enjoy the serenity of this area in the following days. There’s a roaring fireplace in the living area, which can be enjoyed from the couch with a good book and a glass of red. Meanwhile, the verandah is an ideal spot to bird watch and enjoy the sounds of the nearby lagoon and the pobblebonk frogs. WiFi is available throughout the homestead, too, in case you just can’t wait to see sneak peeks of your wedding photos.
“This house is perfect for a weekend getaway. Lovely location surrounded by nature. We enjoyed our time there and we will definitely be back. Highly recommended.” Alejandra
What you can expect when working with Garwen Park for your wedding:
- Breathtaking accommodation. Garwen Park’s idyllic, historic homestead is a lovely place for up to 10 people to inhabit. This boutique home is stylish, modern, and is a perfect place to prepare for your wedding day - and relax afterwards.
- Beautiful scenery and views. Garwen Park is located 10 minutes outside of Alexandra, and enjoys all the beautiful views you’d expect from a country wedding venue: Gorgeous native trees, a quiet river, and - if you’re lucky - the odd kangaroo.
- Reception on the grounds. For intimate weddings, you might like to set up some banquet tables on the manicured grounds to create a magical outdoor reception under the stars.
Here’s what else you need to know about Garwen Park.
- Capacity for up to 60. Garwen Park is better suited for intimate or micro weddings, and can facilitate up to 60 wedding guests on the grounds.
- Incredible location. Located in regional Victoria, Garwen Park is, incredibly, just a short drive away from Lake Eildon, Lake Mountain (40 mins), Marysville (30 mins), and Mt Buller.
- Plenty of activities to enjoy. When you stay at Garwen Park, you’ll be able to switch off, unwind, and recharge with some soothing activities. Why not relax by the fire with a gripping book? Or wander through the beautiful gardens? You might also like to go trout fishing at Goulburn River or have a picnic by the water.
“This is such an impressive property and luxurious accommodation! We loved the wide verandah overlooking the lagoon with its prolific bird life. Beautiful trees & lawn in a tranquil setting. There was plenty of space for our family to be together or to find a quiet spot to rest. Super comfy beds & quality linen. Great water pressure in the showers too! It was a pleasure to stay here and difficult to leave. A real country retreat.” Lindy