Nestled in the heart of Port Fairy - just 25 minutes from Warrnambool, is the newly refurbished Oak & Anchor Hotel. This historic hotel has been a key fixture in this seaside town’s colourful history since 1857, and has since been transformed into a modern-luxe wedding venue with a wonderfully earthy appeal. The building is incredibly unique and has a combination of timber, stone, rusted steel, original bluestone walls - it’s perfect if you’re after a chic space for your ceremony and reception.
Interested in hosting a magical ceremony and wedding reception at The Oak & Anchor Hotel? This heritage-listed building has space for up to 450 wedding guests, and offers both indoor and outdoor areas - including a garden and courtyard. Your guests will be delighted there are six luxurious suites to stay in - including a spacious bridal suite, which is just perfect for wedding day preparations. The modern rooms are all about the finer details, with artisan pottery and locally-made chocolates on offer in all the suites.
Situated just moments from the beach and Port Fairy Lighthouse, this stylish wedding venue is ideally located. It's a great find if you’re on the hunt for an all-in-one ceremony and reception venue by the water. With modern on-site accommodation, space for larger wedding guest lists, and a gorgeous function space, The Oak & Anchor Hotel really is the perfect place to say ‘I do’.
What you can expect when working with The Oak & Anchor Hotel for your Port Fairy wedding:
- Historic venue. If you’re looking for a wedding venue with a rich, colourful history, you’re in luck. The Oak & Anchor Hotel is a historic Port Fairy venue, dating back to 1857. The hotel has recently been refurbished but still has its original bluestone walls - it’s now a combination of history and modern chic.
- Modern design. As mentioned, this boutique hotel has been updated with contemporary furnishings with muted hues and a sleek design. There’s a strong timber focus inside and a roaring fireplace, giving the place a warm and cosy feel. While the brick, steel design textures, and hardwood floors give the setting a chic look - it’s a real minimalist wedding venue, with no extra decorations needed to dress the place up.
- Beach location. This gorgeous hotel is just moments away from the beach, and is ideally located. So if you’re on the hunt for a one-stop-shop, waterfront wedding venue on the Great Ocean Road - you’ve found it!
- Photo locations. If you book this delightful wedding venue, you’ll be privy to some seriously picturesque photo opportunities. The sunsets in Port Fairy are unrivalled, so why not take some snaps while the sun goes down over the water? Of course, some photos with the Port Fairy Lighthouse on Griffiths Island is a must. Or you might like to visit the field outside the historic Woodbine building. The possibilities are endless!
- Outdoor wedding. The Oak & Anchor Hotel is a great spot for an outdoor wedding. You might start with a ceremony on the beach or inside the hotel, followed by a glass of their finest on the terrace, and a shared feast in a marquee on the hotel’s manicured grounds.
- Warm service. The Oak & Anchor Hotel is a locally-owned and mangaed business with years of local knowledge and insights into Port Fairy. As such, you’ll get a personalised experience and warm, friendly service. Our knowledgable staff will point you in the direction of the best local suppliers, help you plan a customised wedding, and direct you towards what’s arguably the town’s best coffee located in our very own hotel.
“Great vibe, really good coffee. Friendly staff and excellent service.” Tom
Here’s what else you need to know about The Oak & Anchor Hotel.
- On-site accommodation. The Oak & Anchor Hotel offers boutique accommodation, with six luxurious suites on-site. The rooms are all unique and individual in their layout, but the common theme? They’re all modern and spacious, with contemporary furniture, custom-made bed heads, lots of light, open plan bathrooms, a smart television and WIFI. And - as if you needed anything else - this team offers a mini-bar in your room with boutique wine and locally-sourced chocolates, to give you a taste of the bounty this little coastal town has to offer.
- Bridal suite. The largest of the six boutique rooms is the bridal suite. This space is perfect for wedding day preparations, as there’s enough room for your entire bridal party and hair and makeup team in the room. The stylish suite also has a private balcony with an outdoor setting and views over the courtyard / lawn, an open plan bathroom with a free-standing bath, and a dressing area.
- Relaxed atmosphere. With a relaxed coastal setting, The Oak & Anchor Hotel has a laidback, calm atmosphere - and this can be enjoyed from the indoor dining space. The locals frequent this charming hotel for delicious coffee and even tastier food. Our pick? The arancini bites with roast pumpkin, capsicum, spinach and parmesan, served with aioli. Yum!
- Destination venue. While this venue can certainly cater for larger occasions, this minimalist hotel is an ideal location for intimate destination weddings. Whether you’re eloping, hosting a micro-wedding, or have a small wedding guest list, this team is happy to accommodate your destination wedding.
What is the on-site accommodation like?
There are six luxurious suites available on-site, including a stylish, spacious bridal suite. The boutique rooms are modern in design, and feature contemporary furnishings, a large bathtub, plenty of light, and a large bed.
What’s your max capacity for receptions?
The Oak & Anchor Hotel can host up to 450 wedding guests, although they also accommodate smaller weddings and elopements.
Does your venue include outdoor space?
Yes. There is a private courtyard and manicured lawn at the back of the historic property. There is room on the grounds to set up a marquee for up to 450 people.