Easy Weddings Marriage Celebrant Sydney

Del Edwards - Weddingdells

5.0  ( 151 reviews ) · Sydney, Macarthur Region, Southern Highlands, Wollongong to Kiama (View Map) · Show Phone
Del Edwards - Weddingdells SupplierHero Marriage Celebrant 62 +


Ceremonies that make you smile :)

HI, my name is Del and I'm an Authorised Marriage Celebrant with11 years experience. I've helped more than 450 couples get happily hitched!

I love meeting new people and hearing their stories.  You see, every couple is different and therefore every ceremony I write is different. I'll take the time to listen to your needs and desires and then, together, we can plan a ceremony that will delight you and your guests.

Your wedding marks a new beginning in your life ... no matter if it's your first wedding or your fourth!  And, I believe you should mark this new beginning with a ceremony that represents the 'real you' ... whether that means you're a traditional couple, a pair of hopeless romantics, you share a passion about footy or food, or you've just got a wicked sense of humour!

Be it bush, beach or backyard; golf course, garden or grand venue – I'll handle the ceremony part of your day so you can concentrate on, well …. just being yourselves!

I'm located in Glen Alpine, right next to Campbelltown Golf Course, so I'm perfectly placed for weddings in The Macarthur Region, Camden, Sydney, Wollongong, Kiama, or the Southern Highlands.  Don't worry, I'm willing to travel LOL

I would love to be a part of your special day!  So, if you're ready, it's easy to get started. Contact me now to arrange an appointment. 

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that!"


Here's a few of my favourite things ... shopping for shoes, curling up with a romantic novel, crying at the movies, going to the beach, walking the dogs and dining out with family and friends (lots and lots of champagne too - can I say that?) I'm a real 'people-person' and I have a strong background in public speaking, customer service, organising community events. What I really love though ... is the romance of a wedding and I get to go to them all the time, YAY!

Del Edwards

Business Owner



Service Area Sydney, Macarthur Region, Southern Highlands, Wollongong to Kiama

Sydney, Macarthur Region, Southern Highlands, Wollongong to Kiama
Sydney, Macarthur Region, Southern Highlands, Wollongong to Kiama


You'll need to show me your original passport or birth certificate + some photo ID. However, if you've been married before, you will also need to provide evidence of how that marriage ended eg. Divorce papers or a Death Certificate.  If you have changed your name, you will need to provide evidence eg. Change of Name Certificate or Deed Poll documents.  I only speak English, so if any of your personal documents/certificates are in an alphabet other than English, they need to be translated by an accredited Translator.  The National Accreditation Authority for Translators & Interpreters Ltd (NAATI) is the national standards and accreditation body for translators and interpreters in Australia.  Their website is www.naati.com.au.  

*Remember: Unless the Celebrant performing the Marriage Ceremony has sighted all necessary documentation prior to commencing the formal proceedings, the marriage cannot be officiated.  

If the Bride, Groom or either witness does not speak English well enough to understand the legal parts of the Ceremony, you are required to provide an Interpreter who can translate for the non-English speaking persons. Interpreters can be found on the NAATI website (www.naati.com.au), however, you can also have a friend or an associate to translate for you.  The person interpreting will be required to sign a Statutory Declaration before and after the ceremony, declaring that they have faithfully and honestly translated from English to the other language and back again.  

*Remember: Any fee associated with the provision of an Interpreter is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom.

Any two people who are willing to witness your entire wedding ceremony and who are at least 18 years of age!  It can be mum and dad, or your grandparents, the best man and MOH, or perhaps a friend who didn't make it into the bridal party (but you still want to involve them in your ceremony).  A witness is required to faithfully hear and understand your marriage vows and they will sign all three Marriage Certificates during the ceremony.  They do not need to be Australian residents, however, if they cannot understand English, you will need to employ an interpreter (see the question above).

It's really up to you.  The Groom always wants it over quickly (LOL) and, if that's what you want, I can perform a 15 minute ceremony that ticks all the legal boxes, but also gives you something sweet to cherish.  Most often, however, a ceremony lasts between 20-30 minutes depending on how much content there is in your chosen vows, readings and symbolic rituals, eg. hand fasting or sand ceremony etc.

Of course!  As long as the required legal words are included at either the beginning or the end.  These words cannot be separated: "I call upon the people here present to witness that I, FULL NAME, take you, FULL NAME, to be my wedded wife/husband/spouse"

You will need to obtain the Official Standard Marriage Certificate from The Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages.  If your marriage was held in NSW, I can order this for you, or you can order it yourself any time after your marriage, either in person at a Government Service Centre or online.  For NSW residents, once the Official Standard Marriage Certificate is posted out to you, take it (and your old driver's license) to a Roads & Maritime Services Centre (RMS) or Service NSW Centre and apply for a new driver’s license in your married name.  The new license will be free, it will have the same expiry date as your old driver's license.  Changing your passport into your married name is also free if you apply within 12 months of your marriage AND you have at least two years validity left on your current passport.  Simply take the Official Marriage Certificate and identification paperwork to the post office or go online.

*When using the Official Standard Marriage Certificate, either party can change their name into that of their spouse at no cost. You can also double barrell your surnames or hypenate them.  You cannot, however, create a whole new surname that is a mixture of both your names; that will require a Change Of Name Certificate and there will be a cost involved.  

Eg. Brown marrying Taylor can be Taylor-Brown, but it cannot be Browlor

Not at all!  As long as you are both 18 years or older and you meet the other legal requirements for marrying in Australia (see below).  I marry a lot of overseas people who travel to Australia just to get married!

To be legally married in Australia, a person must: 

  • not be married to someone else
  • not be marrying a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother or sister
  • be at least 18 years old (unless a court has approved a marriage where one party is aged between 16 and 18 years old)
  • understand what marriage means and freely consent to marrying
  • use specific words during the ceremony
  • give written notice of their intention to marry to their authorised celebrant, at least one full calendar month before the wedding ceremony

You will need to lodge a "Notice of Intended Marriage" (NOIM) with the Authorised Celebrant that you choose to perform your ceremony.  Under Australian law, you can marry one full calendar month after the Authorised Celebrant receives your completed NOIM.  You then have 18 months to complete your wedding ceremony before the NOIM expires.  If you live in Australia, you can fill out the NOIM with your Celebrant or you can fill out the NOIM by yourselves and have your signatures witnessed by a a JP, police officer, solicitor, or doctor.  Then you can email the NOIM to your Celebrant along with copies of your Passports or Birth Certificates.

If you live overseas, you can fill out the NOIM and have your signatures witnessed by a Notary Public or an Australian Consular/Diplomatic Officer. Then you can email the NOIM to your Celebrant along with copies of your Passports or Birth Certificates.

Once your Celebrant has received the NOIM, you are lodged with the Australian Government and you can be married one full calendar month later.


Yes.  A Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) can be received by an Authorised Celebrant even though a party is, or both parties are, still married to another person at the date the NOIM is received.  When filling out the NOIM your status will read "married, divorce being sought, expected to be finalised (date)".  However, the marriage cannot be solemnised unless evidence of the divorce is given to the Authorised Celebrant prior to the marriage ceremony.

151 reviews 5.0 Write a Review

March 2020

Amazing!!! Del made everything happen for us. It was everything we ever wanted!! Couldn't be more greatful 😊😊 We were supposed to fly out to Hawaii however due to COVID-19 we were unable to. We met with Del and applied for shortening of marriage and we got approved and married 1 week later in our backyard on our 10 year anniversary!! We are one very happy couple.

Fiona M.

March 2020

It was so easy to plan our wedding day with the assistance of Del. She is very professional, caring and seems to always have time to work through suggestions and questions. She took all our preferences on board and came up with things that we had not thought of. On the big day, she was totally professional, calm, in control yet caring. Several people commented that she was just the type of person you need: polite but firm. As this was the second marriage for both of us, we wanted something romantic without going over the top and the day turned out perfect. We highly recommend Del to anyone who requires the services of a celebrant or MC, or both (as was the case with us.) Sara and Frans

Sara E.

November 2019

We were privileged to have Del as our Celebrant for our recent wedding, She was meticulous in her preparation and did all the leg work. She met with us and had us fully prepared for the big day by having us go through rehearsals and providing us with lots of resources. On the big day She was more like a member of the Family going above and beyond and assisting with various aspects of the ceremony that were outside of her scope of work. We were blessed to have someone who knew the importance and level of commitment required to make the ceremony purely magical. One of a kind.

John H.

July 2024

Del was easy to communicate with, relaying any information straight away and was so genuine and thoughtful about our wedding. She made our wedding as special as she would her own, could not fault her.

Samuel T.

May 2024

It was an absolute delight to have Del as our celebrant for our wedding. We had no idea how we wanted our ceremony to go but she was able to help us create such special moments and a beautiful and personal celebration for not just us but also our family and friends. Del warm nature and experience made our experience so easy and stress free and it was an absolute pleasure having her a part of our special day.

Sheree D.

Expert Advice

expert advice

As a wedding professional, Del Edwards - Weddingdells offers expert advice to help couples plan their perfect day. Ask a question or read their expert advice.

Get Expert Advice

How does a celebrant work?

What is the process and what should we expect from a Celebrant when choosing the right one.

Del Edwards - Weddingdells

If you are not going to get married in a Church, you will need a Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant to conduct your wedding ceremony. When choosing your Celebrant, you should look for: (a) Someone who knows what they are doing. A Celebrant's role is to make sure your marriage is a valid one and to address all the legal requirements of the wedding ceremony.  This means helping you complete all the legal documents, lodging the documents with the appropriate authorities, registering your marriage and ensuring the correct words are said during the ceremony. A Celebrant can marry you anywhere in Australia; your home, a venue, a park, a boat etc. Ask how many ceremonies they have done? (b) Someone who is willing to work with you, not dictate to you. Some brides and grooms know exactly what they want and some arrive ‘fresh’ and knowing very little about the process. A Celebrant will ask a lot of questions about you both, present you with a lot of different options and discuss the things you want (or don't want) to include in your ceremony. Together you will create a ceremony that reflects your personalities, something that will delight you and your guests. (c) Someone who is friendly.  You should find a Celebrant who you like, someone who you feel comfortable with.  Ask a lot of questions to see if they are your kind of person.  Ask what they love about being a Celebrant?  (d) Someone who is professional.  Everyone's idea of a professional is different, however, I would ensure that the Celebrant has all the right equipment and insurances, will offer you a draft ceremony that you can edit, offers a rehearsal, will maintain contact with you throughout the journey to your wedding day.  If you have seen the Celebrant in action, that's a bonus, however, you could ask for videos or read testimonials about the Celebrant, not only on the Celebrant's website, but on Fb and Easy Weddings!  

Groom doesn't want to make a speech, what do I do?

My Groom is terrified of making a speech at our wedding and has therefore refused to do so. And i highly doubt the best man will also. The maid of honor is also scared of public speaking but is happy to over come her fear to say a little something. Suggestions to even thing out?

Del Edwards - Weddingdells

Public speaking just isn’t for everyone.  The older generation may say that a speech by the groom is tradition and everyone will expect it but nowadays, weddings are more about the couple in love and the way they want to do things.  (1) You could ask someone outside the wedding party to step in and take the groom’s place for this part of the ceremony.  Not only could you make great fun out of this, but why not give the task to someone who will actually enjoy speaking in front of your guests. (2) Both of you could pre-record a speech or even film it.  This way, you could keep it relaxed and personal or you could make a big production out of it with location shots, props, pie-charts and music. (3) You could have your speech printed and framed on each table for the guests to read or even have the speech in an envelope under each guest's plate.  Whether the speeches happen or not, it doesn’t matter.  What matters is you are married and happy and you get to enjoy your wedding day together.

Tara S

Tips from our specialists

Just need a quote?
It helps to provide...

  • Your contact details
  • Mention your wedding date
  • Ask if they are able to provide a PA/microphone if necessary
  • We highly recommend organising to meet your celebrant in person if possible

Wedding Supplier Specialist

Darcy is one of our expert wedding supplier specialists and here to help you find and book your wedding suppliers. Find out more

Why couples enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.


Wedding cash giveaway!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!

Quick response

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.

Popular Searches