All You Need Is Love - Mark Doggett

(77 reviews)
Service Area
Business Hours
Anytime You Need Me :)
Click to show

Questions and Answers

question has been submitted to Easy Weddings for review.

Something went wrong, please try again soon.

I Want To Get Married. Where Do I Start?

Before you marry, Australian law requires that you complete a Notice of Intention of Marriage. This document must be lodged with me no less than one month and no more than eighteen months prior to your marriage ceremony.

You are required to produce your original Birth Certificate or authorised extract. If you were born overseas your Birth Certificate is preferred but if you can’t produce it then your  passport will be accepted.

Note: An Australian passport can now be accepted as proof of birth. A statutory declaration can also be used if you were born overseas and cannot produce a Birth Certificate or passport.

What Areas Do You Provide Your Wedding Services?

I am located in Melbourne, close to the City in the Inner East. This is a central location and allows for easy access to all areas of Melbourne and I am also willing to travel to your venue if it is further afield .

What if I’ve been previously married?

If you have been divorced then I must sight an original copy of your Decri Absolute. If your previous spouse has died then the original copy of the Death Certificate is needed. These documents must be produced before your marriage can take place.


What else?

Also before your wedding you will need to sign a declaration stating that you believe there is no impediment to the marriage between yourself and your future husband/wife.

On your wedding day you will sign my wedding register and other documents. To complete this procedure you will need two witnesses who are both over the age of 18.

Should you need any further information please contact me. I am a professionally trained and qualified Civil Marriage Celebrant and am here to help you create the celebration you want.

What are the legal requirements for marriage in Australia?

Foreign language documents must be translated into English and a NAATI accredited Translation Certificate supplied.

Do we have to attend any pre-marital courses?

No. However you may wish to contact the organisations below:

Relationships Australia
1300 364 277

1300 736 966

(03) 8650 6200

I will also provide you with the pamphlet Happily Ever Before and After.

How do I change my name after the marriage ceremony?

A bride can obtain a marriage certificate after the wedding from the office of Births Deaths and Marriages in the State in which she was married and apply to Vic Roads, Medicare, the Electoral Office etc to have her name changed on their records.

Whilst a valid marriage certificate will not change her name on her birth certificate / birth record, it would allow her to legally change her name on all of her identification documents.

Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Win a honeymoon on us!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!
* Competition Excludes ACT

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.