The Travellin Celebrant

New To Easy Weddings
Service Area
Port Stephens Newcastle and The Hunter Valley
Business Hours
7 Days by appointment
Average Pricing
Click to show

The Travellin’ Celebrant, also known as Jamie Forsberg, is a creative, passionate marriage celebrant servicing throughout the East Coast, including Port Stephens, Newcastle, and The Hunter Valley. He boasts a rich, diverse history of experience within weddings, arts, event management, and more. As a self-proclaimed ‘hopeless romantic’, he’s eager to bring your unique ceremony wishes to life.

If you’re looking for a professional marriage celebrant with a genuine interest in your love story, you’ve come to the right place! Armed with an artistic mind, a big heart, and a passion for music and mindfulness, you can expect nothing less than an incredibly down-to-earth, heartfelt, personalised experience. With customisable packages, expert tips and advice, and some of the most beautiful, dramatic settings across New South Wales, you won’t be disappointed! 


What you’ll love about working with The Travellin’ Celebrant for your New South Wales wedding:

  • Fantastic wedding packages. Jamie offers several comprehensive wedding packages to choose from, depending on your taste and style. He can tailor each package to suit your needs further. From an intimate ‘Micro’ wedding on your own private oceanfront garden to a spectacular premium package with fully customisable scripts and unlimited guests, the choice is yours! 
  • Creative rituals and traditions. If you have a specific cultural tradition you’d love to include, Jamie is more than happy to creatively incorporate it into your special day! From the ancient Celtic ritual of ‘handfasting’ to symbolic bonfires, nothing is off the table! 
  • Breathtaking wedding settings. Locally based, The Travellin’ Celebrant has come to know some of the most magical, stunning locations across the East Coast. Whether you’d like to marry at the ocean against a full moon backdrop, at sunset in a beautiful garden, or surrounded by lush Australian forest, the possibilities are endless! Jamie is happy to recommend some of his favourite spots to help you find your dream location. 


Highlights of working with The Travellin’ Celebrant  New South Wales:

  • Professional, creative marriage celebrant 
  • A wealth of experience in weddings, arts, music, event management, technology, and more
  • Customisable wedding packages 
  • Stunning East Coast wedding settings 
  • Creative rituals and traditions 


Easy Weddings Special Offer

MICRO wedding offer

Full Cost $500.00 (normaly $600)

Free first meeting and short reharsal.

Basic Script, with Custom Vows All Legals - We guide you through the legal paperwork letting you know you what you need, where you can get it from and if necessary what to do if you can't get what you need.

Private Ocean Front Garden Available for up to 20 Guests

Optional - Add BDM Certificate and Certified Copies for $65

Questions and Answers

Do I have Public Liability Insurance?

The Travellin Celebrant

Yes I do. Some venues and council’s request that a copy of the Public Liability and Indemnity Insurance certificate of currency be provided as a condition of booking a venue or public space like a park or reserve. A copy of my certificate of currency for my insurance can be provided upon request.

What are the current Covid 19 restrictions

The Travellin Celebrant

Currently anyone can attend a wedding, funeral or place of worship:

  • You are not required to be fully vaccinated or carry vaccination evidence.?
  • Face masks maybe required for some indoor premises, subject to covid plans.
  • Standing while drinking is permitted but it is strongly discouraged by NSW Health. 

What documentation or ID do we need to bring?

The Travellin Celebrant

I need to see your birth certificate and a form of phot ID such as your passport or drivers license if you were born in Australia. If you were born overseas, I need to see either your birth certificate (translated into English) or an overseas passport. If born overseas and you do not have AND are unable to obtain either of the documents above you will need to complete a Statutory Declaration.

If you have been married previously you will require either divorce, death certificate or other proof of end of previoud marriage. 

How do I go about changing my name after the wedding?

The Travellin Celebrant

Your marriage will be registered on the day of or the day after the ceremony as I am able to register online with Births, Deaths and Marriages.

See the link for all of the full details. It is generally accepted that the bride or groom may choose one of the following family name options following marriage:

  1. Retain your existing family name
  2. Adopt spouses family name
  3. Adopt a combination of your family name and your spouse’s family name with or without hyphens.

Do you provide options for the ceremony wording and vows?

The Travellin Celebrant

Yes, I provide sample ceremony scripts (one short one longer) to assist you in putting your ceremony together. There are some things that must be said under the Marriage Act 1961 for a wedding ceremony and these are clearly indicated in all samples. You both sign off on the final draft which we work on together..

I also encourage all couples to create their own personalised Vows.

Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Wedding cash giveaway!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.