Floor-to-ceiling windows and two large private outdoor decks showcase superb views of the tranquil riverbanks and glittering city skyline, creating an entrancing and vibrant atmosphere for wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Think of Zinc as a malleable environment you can adapt to create your perfect event space — a canvas ready for you to transform. Our flexible space is ideal for grand occasions or can be divided into individual studios, each with its own entrance for more intimate weddings.
Architecturally designed, the venue includes a spacious entrance foyer ideal for drinks and canapes on arrival, a stylish marble bar, concrete and timber walls, designer light installations, a geometric feature ceiling, and a private bridal room.
Zinc’s impressive riverfront location boasts endless possibilities for wedding photography. Just footsteps from the venue you’ll capture those precious moments along the Yarra River with the historic boatsheds, Princes Bridge, the Arts Centre and Federation Square as your backdrop. Wander a little further and you’ll find Flinders Street Station, the Royal Botanic Gardens, Parliament House
steps and iconic laneways, including Hosier Lane and Degraves Street.
Whatever your wedding vision, our team will bring it to life.
Top 3 things you’ll love about your Zinc at Fed Square Melbourne wedding:
- The flexible interiors. The sophisticated, neutral interiors at Zinc provide a canvas for you to transform. Whatever your preference for styling and colour palette, the space allows you to bring your wedding vision to life. Choose from elegant oval tables or a mixed-configuration floor plan and make the most of the in-built drapes to create a dramatic room reveal for
- The prime Melbourne location. Nestled in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD on the riverfront side of Federation Square, Zinc's inner-city location is ideal. The venue enjoys spectacular views over the Yarra River and Melbourne city skyline, with public transport and hotel accommodation just a short stroll away.
- The food and wine. Zinc offers seasonal wedding menus that can be customised to suit cultural and dietary requirements. Every course is beautifully presented and created using only the finest local produce from eco-friendly suppliers.
What Zinc at Fed Square Melbourne weddings are like:
- Modern and stylish venue for weddings in Federation Square
- Plenty of natural light through floor-to-ceiling glass walls
- Customisable open-plan layout with adaptable interiors
- Expansive outdoor decks with Yarra River views
- Dedicated wedding planner to coordinate your wedding
Here’s what else you need to know about Zinc at Fed Square weddings:
- Customisable seated dining and cocktail wedding packages
- Bespoke upgrades from shared platters, late-night snacks and cocktails to curated champagne and spirits bars
- Located just a two-minute walk from Flinders Street Station
- Adjacent to Federation Square public car park
- Option for the couple to arrive at Zinc by boat
What’s included in a Zinc at Fed Square wedding package?
Zinc's Seated Dining Wedding Package starts from $175 per person* and includes the following:
- Three canapés on arrival followed by a three-course dinner including a set entrée, alternating main course, one shared side dish, your choice of either a plated dessert of three dessert canapes, espresso coffee and tea
- 5-hour beverage package
- Dedicated wedding planner
- Personalised table menus (two per table)
- Cake table set with a cake knife and champagne flutes for toasting
- Black or white table linen
- Easels for your welcome signage and guest list
- Premium quality ottomans, bar tables and stools
- Bridal room
- Covered exclusive riverside deck
- Two hour bump in and bump out period
- Security for a maximum of six hours
What’s the capacity for weddings at Zinc at Fed Square?
When booking the entire venue at Zinc exclusively, there is space for 450 guests seated banquet style with a dancefloor and 1,000 guests cocktail style.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Zinc at Fed Square?
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Arts Centre, Melbourne
- Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne
- Melbourne laneways
- Alexandra Gardens
- Yarra River
- Birrarung Marr
- Flinders Street Station
What’s the food like at Zinc at Fed Square weddings?
Zinc’s talented culinary team specialise in crafting customised menus that showcase the freshest seasonal produce that Victoria has to offer. With a focus on sourcing sustainable ingredients from local suppliers, our food philosophy is simple — to create dishes that let the produce shine.