As a heritage-listed Melbourne treasure, this exquisite, historical venue offers couples a truly unique, captivating setting for their wedding day. The gorgeous red brick walls, arched windows, polished dome ceilings, wrought iron detailing, and gothic-style chandeliers set the perfect mood for an intimate, ambient occasion.
Whether you choose to take advantage of the incredible in-house planning team and exclusive catering options or go on your own creative styling path, the enchanting atmosphere awaits you and your guests.
The charming, romantic ambience and exquisite, traditional décor lends themselves perfectly to an intimate ceremony, glamorous formal sit-down dinner, and cocktail-style affair. While a smaller venue, there is more than enough space for you and your guests to soak up Collingwood’s inner-city charm.
“We had the most wonderfully intimate ceremony and celebration at Chapel 1885. The venue is magical, and Felicity and the team went above and beyond for our guests and us! Everyone complimented us on our venue choice. We are eternally grateful for how amazing our day was. We would do it again in a heartbeat! You must check this venue out if you’re looking for something special. Thank you, Chapel 1885, for making our day the most amazing day of our lives!” — Natasha B.
What you’ll love about your wedding at Chapel 1885 Melbourne:
- Perfect blend of historic charm and urban aesthetic. Chapel 1885 was built in 1885 (surprise, surprise!) and still, to this day, boasts a timeless elegance, stylish architecture, and royal detailing. While a heritage-listed treasure, this venue is not shy of modern urban spark and that stunning rustic aesthetic couples adore! You’ll simply love the luxury and mystery that comes with Chapel 1885.
- Beautiful features and amenities. Although this wedding venue is dry-hire friendly, it comes with several stunning and convenient features, including a gorgeous grand piano, a lovely fireplace, kitchen and bar areas, a changing space, and two relaxed sitting rooms.
- Unique photo opportunities. From the exposed brickwork and royal velvet flooring to the exquisite arched windows and breathtaking views of Clifton Hill, you’ll be spoiled with striking photo opportunities. Make the most of this awe-inspiring venue and utilise each charming space for a one-of-a-kind shot!
What Chapel 1885 Melbourne weddings are like:
- Stunning, historical inner-city wedding venue
- Exclusive venue hire
- Endless unique photo opportunities
- Passionate in-house wedding planners
- Exclusive catering options
- Breathtaking views
What’s the maximum capacity for weddings at Chapel 1885 Melbourne?
Chapel 1885 can accommodate up to 90 guests for a captivating wedding experience.
“A gorgeous venue with so much character. It barely needs any styling as it’s already such a romantic and elegant space: a huge window, gorgeous high ceilings, and beautiful eclectic furniture. We had an intimate ceremony followed by a sit-down dinner with 30 guests. The team made us feel at ease that everything was under control, and the entire night went off without a hitch. Location is 10/10, in the heart of Collingwood, and very easy to access.” — Tara M.