Suppose you're on the lookout for an original, memorable ceremony and reception venue, complete with manicured gardens, a playful atmosphere, and idyllic photo locations. In that case, you may want to consider a Perth Zoo wedding.
This beautiful wedding venue celebrates nature, and is a perfect place to say 'I do' if you love spending time with magnificent animals — and if you don't. Indeed, while a big draw for many couples is the fantastic photo opportunities with exotic wildlife, Perth Zoo has much more to offer than that (although a wedding photo with a giraffe cannot be overlooked).
Indeed, Perth Zoo is also a favourite among couples who fancy themselves foodies, with this leading Perth venue partnered with Fresh Events, an award-winning Perth catering company that's just been crowned 2021 Caterer of the Year. Their meals are positively exquisite, with presentation and flavour at the heart of everything they do.
In addition to sublime meals, Perth Zoo prides itself on its breathtaking gardens, beautiful outdoor ceremony sites, and elegant reception space, offering couples an adventurous ceremony and traditional seated dinner.
“We had our ceremony and photoshoot in the Japanese Gardens at Perth Zoo. It is a beautiful setting and gave our ceremony the relaxed feel we wanted. The staff were all very friendly and helpful both on the day and in the planning stages.”
What you'll love about working with Perth Zoo for your Perth wedding:
- Delicious, substantial fare. Perth Zoo partners with 5-star catering company Fresh Events, so naturally, the wedding menus and dishes on offer are absolutely mouthwatering and full of flavour.
- Unique, memorable wedding. Hosting your wedding day at Perth Zoo will undoubtedly be a fun experience for all involved. Not only can you wed with the sounds of roaring lions in the background, but your guests are also free to wander the grounds after your ceremony for a closer look.
- Picturesque locations for photos. Of course, this also means you can walk the grounds with your wedding photographer, scouring for animals to take pictures with. However, Perth Zoo also has exquisitely manicured gardens (including the oak lawn and the Japanese gardens) that are perfect for wedding photos.
Highlights of Perth Zoo:
- Multiple breathtaking ceremony sites
- Guests can wander the zoo before the reception
- Offers wedding ceremony rehearsals
- Healthy, sustainable, delicious fare
- Capacity for up to 180 at the ceremony
What is the catering and wedding food like at Perth Zoo?
Perth Zoo’s preferred catering partner is Fresh Events, an award-winning Perth catering company applauded for its high-quality meals and magnificent menus. Winners of the Restaurant and Catering Industry’s prestigious Caterer of the Year award, these highly sought-after caterers produce delicious dishes of the highest standard, with each tailored menu presented beautifully. From Fresh Events, you can expect world-class food served with professionalism, true care and dedication to their craft.
What Perth Zoo spaces are available for a wedding ceremony?
Perth Zoo has two outdoor & one indoor ceremony spaces to choose from; the oak lawn (180 people), the Japanese Gardens (100 people), and the Homestead Barn (100 people). Each space is an idyllic, natural paradise perfect for wedding ceremonies.
“We had the most incredible wedding day, and we are so glad that we decided to have our wedding at Perth Zoo. The venue was incredible, and the photos have turned out absolutely gorgeous.”