Your wedding reception at Mary Mae's Bar & Kitchen will be that ideal combination of modern style and waterfront ease. Here, you can follow your New Farm Park wedding ceremony with a relaxed riverside party that seamlessly blends between indoors and out. Your guests will be pleasantly greeted with cocktails as they arrive at the industrial old powerhouse that's been reimagined into an all-day restaurant and a multi-faceted industrial modern wedding venue. From there, you might opt for a casual cocktail style wedding or choose to host your guests to an intimate dinner on the covered terraces.
Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen Wedding Reception Spaces
For full exclusivity, you can opt to book the Entire Venue, ensuring private use for up to 200 guests dining or 300 guests cocktail style. Alternatively, smaller spaces are also available for hire.
- The Lounge (capacity cocktail style: 45 | seated: 35)
- The Observation Deck (capacity cocktail style: 60 | seated: 40)
- The Sun Room (capacity cocktail style: 120 | seated: 100)
- The Dining Room (capacity cocktail style: 80 | seated: 60)
Nearby Ceremony Option
- New Farm Park. Conveniently located directly next to Mary’s Mae’s is one of Brisbane’s best-loved parks for wedding ceremonies. Choose from four spaces within the grounds including Powerhouse View, River View, Ferry View and The New Farm Park Rotunda. Offering an intimate and exclusive location, the Park Rotunda is treasured for wedding ceremonies.
Highlights of Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen wedding venue:
- Riverside wedding with unobstructed waterfront views
- Light and airy atmosphere with a relaxed vibe and modern venue styling
- Floor-to-ceiling windows offering an abundance of natural light
- Sliding glass doors allow the space to feel open and breezy
- Gorgeous timber feature walls & potted plants dotted throughout
- Retractable roof
- Menu tastings available for couples if hosting a seated dinner wedding
Top three things you’ll love about your Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen wedding:
- The relaxed, modern atmosphere. Situated riverside with undisturbed waterfront views and sun-drenched terraces, Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen is a stunner of a wedding reception venue with a warm, lovely atmosphere.
- Delicious, approachable catering options. Part of the Trippas White Group catering portfolio, Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen knows how to wine and dine even the most discerning of wedding guests. Here, there's a passionate and bespoke approach to serving Australian fare that's influenced by classic European flavours and presented beautifully (think styled grazing tables).
- Alfresco event spaces. Your guests can roam between indoors and out with the variant event spaces, allowing for that perfect wedding day flow that breaks the event up and keeps it feeling fun and fresh.
Here’s what else you need to know about Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen weddings:
- Private boat charter access
- Ferry stop right out front, an excellent opportunity for you to arrive in style
- Multiple access areas for your vendors
- In-house audiovisual services available
- Ample free parking & public transport nearby
What are the catering options at Mary Mae’s weddings?
Wedding menus can easily be tailored to your preferences, and range in service style from canapes and grazing stations to seated feasts. Drink packages include classic cocktails, local wine and beers, and more.
What are some of the nearby attractions to Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen?
Mary Mae's is located within the former Brisbane Powerhouse, next to New Farm Park. Additional nearby attractions include The Gabba, the Gallery of Modern Art, and the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens. It's also just a 20-minute drive to Brisbane Airport.
Is Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen a nice place for a wedding?
Yes! Featuring a stylish design aesthetic, Mary Mae’s Bar & Kitchen is a modern riverside wedding venue with uninterrupted views of the Brisbane River. Located next to New Farm Park, the alfresco venue serves as a convenient spot for your reception following a ceremony in the gardens.