Something About Cake is a Melbourne wedding cake supplier sought-after for its stunning celebratory designs in decadent and unique flavours. Whether your preference is a traditional fruitcake or a tropical, modern creation, Something About Cake will design a dessert to inspire. You'll love the warm and personalised owner-operated approach and attention to detail provided by Something About Cake.
With Something About Cake you'll be an active member in the design process, providing your inspiration, personal tastes, and wedding cake vision. Owner-operator and head baker Fiona will use her expertise, fine ingredients, and can-do attitude to create the wedding cake of your dreams from scratch.
Stunning decorative options include luxurious gold leaf, fondant embellishments, fondant moulding, fresh flowers, tempered chocolate, and cake-toppers. Never one to shy away from a baking challenge, Fiona will invite you to share your wildest wedding cake wishes to create something that will leave your guests craving more.
“Fiona from Something About Cake was so beautiful to deal with in designing our cake. She really got to know us to create the perfect style for us. Our wedding cake was so beautiful and was so delicious also!” – Leah C.
What you’ll love about working with Something About Cake for your Melbourne wedding:
- Stunning cake artistry. Something About Cake’s ethos centres on your wedding cake being, not just a sweet treat, but an experience. With delicate fondant flowers, edible lace, and swirls of buttercream, each Something About Cake creation is a bespoke work of art designed to delight.
- Unique flavours from the freshest ingredients. Choose from flavours in Something About Cake’s standard and gourmet ranges with delicious combinations, including coffee and coconut, fresh orange and poppyseed, and Napoleon. Each cake is lovingly made before being iced with a decadent white or dark chocolate ganache.
- Client-focussed customer service. With an attentive owner-operated approach, Something About Cake keeps the satisfaction of each client as top priority. You’ll love their collaborative design process, combining Fiona’s expertise and creativity with your wedding cake inspiration.
Highlights of working with Something About Cake for your Melbourne wedding:
- Your input in the creative process welcomed
- Over eight years of industry experience
- Every cake made 100% from scratch
- Owner-operated with care
- Fully registered kitchen
“Something About Cake was great to work with. Fiona made our vision of a cake to match our State Library venue a reality. She even matched the decorative details to the pillars of the Ian Potter Queens Hall and the lace on the bridal gown! So talented! Fiona had great attention to detail and checked in with us about little details to make sure everything was just right. And the cake... well, it tasted so good! All our guests loved it, including those with dietary requirements who Fiona was able cater for individually. Thank you, Fiona for your commitment to making our wedding cake dreams come true!” – Jessica S.
I developed a love for baking growing up attached to my Italian Grandmother’s and Mother’s hips in the kitchen, I developed a love for baking and creating very early on. This spark developed over the years and after completing a Certificate III in Pastry and Baking, and being rewarded with a highest achievement award and DUX of my graduating year, I knew I was destined to put my skill and passion to great use. From here ‘Something about Cake’ was born and we are growing each day.