Here are the legal requirements of marriage:
1. A completed Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) form must be given to me at least one month (and up to 18 months) before the wedding.
2. You and your partner must provide me with evidence of your date and place of birth, identity and the end of any previous marriages.
3. You must both sign the 'Declaration of no legal impediment to marriage.' By signing the Declaration, you declare that you believe that you are of marriageable age, and that there's no legal impediment to your marriage.
4. On your wedding day, I solemnise your marriage. I then ask you, your partner and your 2 witnesses to sign up to 3 marriage certificates.
5. After your wedding I register the marriage with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the State/Territory where your marriage took place.