Susanna Jose Ceremonies

(8 reviews)
Service Area
ACT - Statewide  View Map
Business Hours
7 Days by appointment
Click to show

Expert Advice

As a wedding professional, Susanna Jose Ceremonies offers expert advice to help couples plan their perfect day. Ask a question or read their expert advice.

Can use your marriage certificate to change you middle name to you Maiden name?

Wondering if you can change your name from [First name] [Middle Name] [Maiden Name] to [First name] [Maiden Name] [Spouse's Surname] using just your marriage certificate. I am looking to replace my existing middle name with my Maiden name after our wedding.

Susanna Jose Ceremonies


First you will need to apply to the relevant Births Deaths and Marriages department  in your state or territory to obtain your registered marriage certificate. This is different from the commemorative one presented by the celebrant on the wedding day. Second you apply for a name change through Births Deaths and Marriages using your marriage certificate and identity documents in support.

I hope that helps.

Cheers Sue

How many people can you have at the moment with the virus?

Susanna Jose Ceremonies

You will need to check the Health Department website of your state or territory regularly, because the rules are different in each. As we all know they have been subject to rapid change this year too. It is a good idea to have a discussion with your celebrant about contingency plans for if things change for you.

How do I go about officiating my Hindu wedding if the priest is not recognised as a marriage celebrant?

I will be having a traditional Hindu wedding with a priest performing all the rites and rituals. Our priest performs many weddings but is not a marriage celebrant to officiate the wedding on the day with signing the paperwork. How do I go about this?

Susanna Jose Ceremonies

You can go ahead and have your Hindu ceremony and arrange with a marriage celebrant to perform the legal marriage immediatley following the Hindu one. This can take place at the same venue or elsewhere. You will still need to fulfill the legal requirements with the marriage celebrant - the Notice of Intended Marriage one month before, the Declaration of No Impediment before the legal ceremony and the three certificates on the day.

Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Wedding cash giveaway!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.