Clark Park is in Lavender Bay Parklands on the Foreshore of North Sydney.
Clark Park is an outward-looking park featuring spectacular views over Lavender Bay to the harbour bridge and the city.
The Lavender Bay Foreshore is a narrow strip of waterfront land that links Quibaree Park to Luna Park, the Harbour Bridge and beyond.
The parkland features open grassy spaces, established trees and historic sandstone walling, a flagpole, a gathering point for memorial services and various sculptures.
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay.
In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.