Terms and Conditions
Real Weddings Promotion Terms
By submitting your wedding photos and story to Easy Weddings’ Real Weddings blog, you agree that:
- You are the copyright holder or have permission from the rightful copyright holder/s to do so.
- The images may appear on the Easy Weddings website or any of our affiliated websites.
- The images may appear in our newsletters and social media accounts, which include, but are not limited to: Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Google.
- You may be nominated for Easy Weddings’ Wedding of the Year competition, which is governed by these Promotion Terms as well as the Wedding of the Year Terms and Conditions (below).
Wedding of the Year Terms and Conditions 2019
- How to enter: Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry into the Easy Weddings Wedding of the Year competition. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and, to the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and other references to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners in this competition.
- Who can enter: Entry is free and open to Australian residents or citizens aged 18 and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their agencies and companies associated with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- Promoter: The Promoter is Easy Weddings Pty Ltd, 18 Miles St, Mulgrave. Victoria, 3170. (ABN: 41 122 297 858)
- Promotion period: The promotion period begins at midday EDST on April 01, 2019 and closes at midday EDST on February 14, 2020.
- Prize pool: As at April 01, 2019, the total prize pool is valued at $20,770 incl GST.
- The Easy Weddings Wedding of the Year competition consists of two parts:
- Eligible participants are required to submit their wedding story and photos at: http://www.easyweddings.com.au/real-weddings/submit-your-wedding.
- Each month, of all the entries judged worthy for publication as an Easy Weddings Real Wedding, 12 will be chosen by the judge/s as nominees for the competition.
- The nominees will be entered into a monthly vote and the nominee with the highest number of votes at the close of voting (as listed in Table 1 below), will be deemed Wedding of the Month.
- Voting is open to the public and can be accessed at http://www.easyweddings.com.au/real-weddings/wedding-of-the-year-competition.
- All winners will be notified via email and announced on Easy Weddings’ Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/EasyWeddings).
- Should two or more monthly nominees receive the same number of votes, the winner will be determined by the judge/s based on the 50-word statement they have submitted asking why they believe their wedding should be chosen as the Easy Weddings Wedding of the Year.
- In the case of weddings published between January 01, 2019 and March 31, 2019, voting to determine these monthly winners will occur concurrently as per Table 1.
- The 12 Wedding of the Month winners will automatically be entered into the overall Easy Weddings Wedding of the Year competition and a final round of voting will take place.
- The three finalists who score the highest number of votes (i.e first, second and third place getters) will be passed over to the Easy Weddings judges for deliberation of the winner.
- The winning couple (and their photographer) will be the one that Easy Weddings deems conducted the most creative and effective campaign to achieve their votes. This includes but is not limited to campaigns via social media, email, text, phone, messaging apps, print, outdoor and face-to-face.
- At the conclusion of voting (as per Table 1) finalists are required to submit to Easy Weddings (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) proof of their campaigning. This could include access to social media and messaging accounts, video footage, photos, and/or copies of emails and text messages.
- Campaign submissions must be received by midnight EDST February 14, 2020.
- Voting is open to the public and can be accessed at http://www.easyweddings.com.au/real-weddings/wedding-of-the-year-competition.
- The winner will be notified by telephone, and announced on Easy Weddings’ Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/EasyWeddings) and via email.
|Month||Voting open||Voting closed 11:59||Winner announced|
|Wedding of the Year||01/02/2020||13/02/2020||14/02/2020|
- Only one entry per couple may be submitted.
- Votes generated using any form of automation or computer programmer will not be accepted. Votes lodged by a third-party under any commercial agreement with nominees, photographers or other wedding suppliers connected with the entry will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant who has breached Clause 8, including both entrants and wedding suppliers who may have used third-parties or automation to secure votes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner’s proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency at the address provided.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request access to nominated couples’ social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, for the duration of the promotion period.
- Grand prize: One of the final 12 nominees will be deemed the Easy Weddings 2019 Wedding of the Year winner. They will receive:
- Six nights’ all-inclusive accommodation package in an Ocean Villa at Heritance Aarah Maldives, valued at $AU 12,726.
- $2,500 cash travel allowance towards flights and travel expenses.
- Total grand prize value: $AU 15,226.
- Heritance Aarah prize inclusions:
- All meals and beverages included as per the Heritance Aarah Premium All Inclusive Plan.
- Dine around option in all restaurants (except Baani Restaurant)
- Welcome drink on arrival
- Complimentary fruit and nuts platter on arrival to the villa
- 24-hour private butler service
- Free wi-fi
- Complimentary introductory dive per guest once during the stay.
- One complimentary excursion per guest from a selection of excursions per stay (weather permitting)
- Complimentary snorkelling equipment
- Return airport transfers by sea plane for two people.
- Heritance Aarah booking conditions:
- A prize voucher from Heritance Aarah will be issued to the winner/s.
- Please present a scanned copy of the prize voucher along with your requested travel dates to Heritance Aarah Australian representative, Craig Davies; email email@example.com or telephone +61 2 9410 3405.
- Bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to date of travel.
- Travel must be completed by March 31, 2021.
- Some blackout dates for the festive period apply; December 23 2020 to February 10, 2021.
- The winner/s should carry the voucher and provide it to the front office department in the resort at the time of check-in.
- If the prize is not booked within the valid period it will be forfeited.
- Accommodation is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable.
- Travel allowance conditions:
- Winner/s are to make their own flight arrangements.
- Easy Weddings will deposit $2,500 by direct deposit into the winner/s nominated bank account by February 28, 2020.
- Please provide your bank details to Easy Weddings within 7 days of being announced the winner.
- The cash travel allowance is not transferrable or exchangeable.
- Easy Weddings is not responsible for any shortfall between the prize value and cost of flights booked.
- Other prize conditions: The following are not included as part of the grand prize holiday package: All other out-of-pocket expenses including additional meals, beverages, laundry services, spending money, transfers, additional accommodation due to flight schedules, additional excursions, tipping, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs not expressly provided. The costs of obtaining any of these requirements are the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companion.
- Prize winners must take the prizes as described and on the conditions stated in these Terms and Conditions, and prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- All prizes are non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and are not exchangeable.
- The promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in prize item value.
- Any passes, tickets and bonuses issued as part of the prizes are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets or passes are only valid for use within the stated duration on the passes or tickets issued or the duration of the chosen prize, whichever is earlier.
- Neither the Promoter, nor the sponsors are responsible for any acts of God, including adverse weather, conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur while the prize winner is travelling.
- Photographer’s prize: The photographer responsible for photographing the Easy Weddings Wedding of the Year will receive their choice of either:
- A 12-month complimentary Premium directory listing in the Photography category of their nearest capital city, valued at up to $5,544 inc GST; or
- A new business website including three years of hosting and support, valued at $3,476 inc GST.
- Photographer’s prize conditions:
- Directory listing prize: The directory listing prize value is based on Mel/Syd pricing as at April 01, 2019. If the winning photographer is already a client of Easy Weddings, the prize redemption will take effect once the current contracted billing cycle has completed.
- Website prize: The website prize value is based on pricing as at April 01, 2019. The website must be for their own photography business. Neither prize may be exchanged for cash. All prizes must be redeemed by June 30, 2020.
- Marketing and media: All prize winners agree to participate in all reasonable marketing and media editorial requests including, but not limited to, being photographed, interviewed, filmed and/or appearing on social media. Winners also agree to participate in resulting coverage by media outlets including online, newspaper, television and radio.
- Copyright: Entrants of the Easy Weddings Wedding of the Year competition acknowledge that they are a copyright holder or have permission to enter from the rightful copyright holder/s.
- The winner of the grand prize (and their travelling companion) grants the Promoter and sponsors a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner (and their travelling companion) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize, winners agree to assign to the Promoter all right, title and interest in the copyright in any materials created pursuant to the winner’s participation in any aspect of the prize.
- By entering this competition, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the databases of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, and the prize sponsors. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and the prize sponsors may use this information for future promotional and marketing purposes regarding their products and services including contacting entrants via electronic messaging. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988.
- If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned including tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- Tax implications may arise from the prize winnings. Independent advice should be sought.
- Liability: Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not responsible for any loss, damage or injury suffered or claimed (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death, and direct or indirect loss or damage) by an entrant in relation to entering or participating in this Promotion or taking or using the prizes offered except where that loss, damage or injury was caused by breach of these Terms by the Promoter or the wilful or negligent acts or omissions of the Promoter. To avoid any doubt, the Promoter shall not be liable for loss caused by technical and mechanical malfunction which is outside the control of the Promoter.
- Judging: The judges’ decision in respect to any aspect of this competition is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. Chance plays no part in determining any winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to re-judge in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these competition terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize within 10 working days. For any prize that remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise the Promoter will award the prize to the entry deemed to be the next best entry.