The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Share how your day went

16 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2

Postby Nomes » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Wow, it's hard to believe it's been almost a month since our big day! We had so much fun, and I couldn't stop smiling.

Thursday was spent getting my spray tan and taking some things into the reception venue so we didn't have such a big load on the Friday. We had our rehearsal at the church on Thursday evening which went well.

Friday we packed the car to take the rest of the diy to the reception venue and made sure we had change of clothes for DH and I. We were staying at the hotel where the reception venue was. Me, DH, my bridesmaid and my Mum all helped to set up the reception which looked so nice. After we finished that, my bridesmaid and I went and got our nails done. Later that night, DH, myself and my bridesmaid went out to dinner with friends of mine that had come over from Perth

It was an early start on the morning of the wedding with our hair and makeup lady rocking up at 7.30am. It was a perfect day outside and we had the music channel going on the TV with great songs to get us in the mood. I had a surprise visit from my sister who had brought some yummy cupcakes for us to nibble on.

The photographer turned up at 11am and we got a few photos taken in the lobby of the hotel before my Dad arrived. The limo arrived and it was time....

I was getting quite nervous once we got to the church but I was ready to walk down the aisle. I started to get a little teary walking down the aisle, seeing my beloved husband-to-be waiting at the altar for me.
1K7A05921.jpg

1K7A05811.jpg
Postby Nomes » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:56 pm

A few more ceremony pics:
1K7A06681a.jpg
1K7A06681a.jpg (13.43 KiB) Viewed 3317 times

1K7A06931.jpg
1K7A06931.jpg (26.13 KiB) Viewed 3317 times

Stay tuned, more to come....
Postby Lilmisswizzle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Love love love love love love!!! congratulations lovely!!!
Kristy :inlove:

Postby seaweed » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:01 am

Beautiful pics. DH sure does look happy, no wonder you looked gorgeous. Can't wait to see more pics. Congratulations to you both.
Postby Nomes » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Lilmisswizzle wrote:Love love love love love love!!! congratulations lovely!!!

Thanks Lilmisswizzle!

seaweed wrote:Beautiful pics. DH sure does look happy, no wonder you looked gorgeous. Can't wait to see more pics. Congratulations to you both.

Thanks Seaweed. Yes, DH couldn't stop smiling either :-)
Postby Nomes » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:34 pm

1K7A12261.jpg
1K7A12261.jpg (31.99 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

1378315_10151589573206116_519470767_n.jpg

1K7A10011.jpg
1K7A10011.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

1K7A11611.jpg
Postby KimberleyFewster » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:09 pm

Awe congratulations Nomes your photos are stunning, you must be so happy. I can't believe it's been a month today already...time flies hey. I hope married life is going well for you and your hubby xxx

Postby Nomes » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:54 pm

KimberleyFewster wrote:Awe congratulations Nomes your photos are stunning, you must be so happy. I can't believe it's been a month today already...time flies hey. I hope married life is going well for you and your hubby xxx

Thanks Kimberley. I've had a sneak peek at your BDT and loving your photos too. It went so fast!
How was your honeymoon? DH and I have been back to normality/reality for almost 3 weeks. Wedding and honeymoon now seem like a distant blur, but plenty of photos around to remind us of that wonderful time :-)
Postby KimberleyFewster » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:00 am

Our honeymoon was so relaxing. We went to a resort in Thailand ab out 2 hours drive from Krabi. We did nothing but swim and relax for 8 days. We are both back to reality now, although i'm still looking for work but doing relief teaching in the meantime which i love. I can't stop looking at our wedding photos and received the CD on Friday so i can't wait to go and print some and hang them up in the house.

Now what to plan...babies? haha

Postby Nomes » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:21 pm

KimberleyFewster wrote:Our honeymoon was so relaxing. We went to a resort in Thailand ab out 2 hours drive from Krabi. We did nothing but swim and relax for 8 days. We are both back to reality now, although i'm still looking for work but doing relief teaching in the meantime which i love. I can't stop looking at our wedding photos and received the CD on Friday so i can't wait to go and print some and hang them up in the house.

Now what to plan...babies? haha

Sounds very relaxing. Glad you and DH had a lovely time. We are still saving for our first home and we are trying to start a family too. We'll see which comes first lol. Might see you in the TTC thread ;-)
16 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2

Next

Login