The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Share how your day went

18 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2

Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:06 pm

I have finally got around to making my BDT. I must admit, it's exhausting even thinking about our day in any real detail.

Thursday night
We had our rehearsal at the church with our immediate families, bridal party and MC.
It went pretty smoothly. I did argue with the minister on a few things and put my foot down.
He didn't want to say "you may now kiss the bride" claiming that it's cheesy. Well call me cheesy, but i love when they say it. So i put my foot down and he agreed begrudgingly to say it.
We then went out to dinner at an amazing restaurant 'The Burlington' in Crows Nest. The food was amazing, and we all drank Moet and had a lovely time.
This was also FH and my last night together. It was bitter sweet.

Friday
FH and I went to breakfast with some friends of ours who were helping set up at the reception to go over some final details.
We returned home and tried to relax and also pack our overnight bags.

FFIL picked us both up and took me to my parents' house. Saying goodbye to FH was awful and emotional. It was so hard. Knowing that this is the night before the biggest day of my life and he's not with me. My uncle and cousin who came over from England for the wedding were there. I didn't feel like facing anyone so i went and sat in my room and had a little cry.
After my uncle and cousin left, it was just me and my parents. I decided this is the best time to give them their gift. I gave them a heartfelt hand written card, and tickets to a concert. They were both crying when they read the card.

We had Thai food for dinner and watched the movie Bridesmaids. I felt completely nauseous so didn't eat.

THE WEDDING DAY!!!!

I woke up and about 3am and couldn't get back to sleep so just lay awake. I got up at 6 and had my shower. As soon as i walked out of the bathroom, FSIL/BM arrived. I was already feeling sick.
Soon my other BM arrived and i got out all my accessories etc. and then i realized, i couldn't find my earrings anywhere. Mum and I tore the house apart looking for them and found nothing. We had a cup of tea and it was time for the 2 BMs to go to the hairdresser.
MOH then arrived and we ran up to the shops, lucky Diva was already open and we found some gorgeous earrings. We grabbed a take away coffee and bumped into some friends which was nice. They seemed surprised to see us out shopping.

We made our way over to the hairdresser just as the other girls were finishing. The BMs went back to mums house where the MUA was waiting.
everything just seemed to slide into place.
Once we were all back at the house, I had my makeup done and they girls got dressed.

Our lovely photographers arrived at about 1pm and took photos of use getting ready.
I got dressed and had some family photos, and before i knew it, it was time to leave!
The limo was waiting out the front. we all got in and started the 40 minute drive to the church. Well of course we made it in record time and had to do several laps around the block.
I was super calm untill i got to the church doors. It then all of a sudden became real. My younger brothers were there and kept telling me they love me. (they havent said that in 10 years!)
Our song started (Canon in D), and all of a sudden, i lost it. I though i was going to throw up. I felt dizzy and couldnt stop shaking. the doors flung open and we were off... down the isle.
The isle is the longest in the southern hemiphere and i couldnt see FH face, but i knew he was there.
I just looked around at all our lovely guests, I just loved seeing WIRLY there!

Our ceremony went off without a hitch. It felt amazing to finally marry my amazing man.
Sophie xx

Started dating - 1/10/2007
Engaged - 1/10/2011
Wedding - 2/3/2013
Bought our home - 29/5/2013

Postby JadeLouise » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 pm

ummm PICTURES! I cried a little when you spoke about your brothers... thats so sweet!

:luv1:Together Since: 03/07/2009
:luv1:Engaged: 03/07/2012
:luv1:Wedding Date: 10/05/2014

:luv1:Our show and Tell: Click Here
Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Our FIRST KISS!!!!!

Time to play... spot WIRLY!

Our bridal table decor

Our cake

Sophie xx

Engaged - 1/10/2011
Wedding - 2/3/2013

Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 pm

so sorry for the picture overload, its just so hard to choose which ones to share. we got 950 photos!!!!!!
Sophie xx

Engaged - 1/10/2011
Wedding - 2/3/2013

Postby Mushiyaki » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Stunning!!! :)
Postby JadeLouise » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:36 pm

some of the photos didnt work for me. BUT! its looks so beautiful. Congrats again!

:luv1:Together Since: 03/07/2009
:luv1:Engaged: 03/07/2012
:luv1:Wedding Date: 10/05/2014

:luv1:Our show and Tell: Click Here
Postby Sydneygirl » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm

There should be 19 pics ^
Sophie xx

Engaged - 1/10/2011
Wedding - 2/3/2013

Postby Taradiddle81 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

You just looked amazing and your cake and all your stuff looked beautiful!!!!

Just magic!
Postby Lilmisswizzle » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 am

You look amazing!!!

Congratulations!!!
Kristy :inlove:

Postby thespine » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:52 am

ohhh sophie just gorgeous and such a beautiful story, that is a long aisle if you couldnt see his face!! I completely understand the dizzy, shakey, sick feeling. love the photo of you with your family!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Started dating - 23/12/2007
Engaged - 14/12/2011
Married - 23/03/2013
18 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2

Next

Login