The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Share how your day went

15 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2

Postby Katana_Geldar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, it all happened yesterday and it still doesn't seem real.

Ceremony went really quick, before I knew it it was over. Then the entire day just went...

Things that went well:

Ceremony, just flew past
Food, was fantastic
Dress, I managed to lose enough weight to pull it off
BMs dresses, looked fantastic
And family and guests worked really well. No unpleasantness
Car, loved the limo and made a great finish to a great day
Wedding night accomodation, fantastic and so very nice
Stormtroopers, the few that showed were great and we got some very fun photos

Things that didn't:

Rain, it rained towards the end of our photos but we dried off quickly
Cake, the cake was good but it was not what we ordered
Venue staff, our new event coordinator disappeared five minutes into the reception and we didn't see him. None of the staff knew how to work the stero or PA. They stuffed up our entrance song and had music playing on through my Dad's speech
Chocolates for bonboniere never arrived in time. We still need to pick them up from the post office!

Best moments:

Spending time alone with DH at our table
Bouquet and garter were caught by an enaged couple to marry later this year
First dance
Our getaway in the limo
Visiting people up and down the table
Postby Katana_Geldar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Here is the album, I'll post a few choice ones.

Before. Steve is in the middle.

Walking in

Ceremony

After

Postby Katana_Geldar » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Reception photos

Entering

Reception

Speeches

Cake

First dance

Garter

Postby Wirly » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm

:happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

Congratulations beautiful lady!!!!

Was thinking of you yesterday!!

Oh wow!! Your dress is stunning! Loooove the back! You look so beautiful. Hubby is very handsome in his suit!
Great pic of you both dancing, you can see how in love you both are!!

I'm sorry to hear that some things didn't go to plan but I can however see that you had a beautiful and happy day!
Postby Becca-Alice » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Oh my gosh you looked so elegant, classy and beautiful! Congratulations!!! Are you honeymooning now?

My Big Day story viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69244

Postby Katana_Geldar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:24 am

We're leaving Wednesday on our cruise.

I'm talking to the cake place about our order. We have the invoice that clearly says 'marble mud' across the top. But they gave us plain mud cake which we didn't even sample.

And we were stuck. We had no idea that it was wrong until it was cut and served, we had to serve it or there would not have been any cake.
Postby Taradiddle81 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Bugger about the cake, but you look beautiful and your groom handsome and you look so much in love and that is what people will remember. No one but you knows it was the wrong cake :)

Have a beautiful time on your honeymoon!!!
Postby Katana_Geldar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:20 pm

The venue threw our cake out! We left it there and I went back today and it had been chucked out. So annoyed.

Got back to cake maker. She's talking to the manager and hopefully we'll get our money back.

But I think if that's all th Robles we had, we did pretty well.

Two days until the cruise!

Thanks for all your good wishes, I think it's starting to sink in.
Postby Wirly » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:45 pm

2 days until cruise time!!

Arhhh, sitting on the edge of the pool, legs dangling in the water....only care you will have is getting a refill for your cocktail and what dessert you will have after dinner? Hehehe! Enjoy your honeymoon dear lady !!!
Postby deerdonna » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:02 pm

oh my god storm troopers! love!

and that red star wars guy is awesome, isnt that costume worth a fortune?! i love it!

you look amazing too xxxx congrats!
15 posts Page 1 of 2 1, 2

Next

Login