The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

General Health Issues & The Parents Lounge: Relationships after Children & Private Women’s Business

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Postby Comet1998 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 am

Your going to say I know all of this already -

* Eat Healthy
* Cut out alcohol, caffeine & processed foods
* Exercise every day to every second day
* Take a good multi vitamin (swiss isn't too bad)

And something that is still to be proven but a lot of people swear by it (including myself) Olive leaf extract. Tastes like crap, but 15 mls a day washed down with your breakfast. It's all natural so can't do any harm!!! Do some research on it if you want, there is plenty of reading material if you google "Olive leaf extract"

I used to catch every single cold or bug that went around without fail, I haven't been sick now in 2 - 3 years. At All. My whole family can be bed ridden... and I expect to catch it but never do. It is all due to my lifestyle change.
Married the man of my dreams on 24th March 2012

My Show & Tell: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34440
My Big Day Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36324
Postby Mushiyaki » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am

:agree: with Comet1998. Its all about what you put in to your body, getting a good amount of exercise and also (very important) relaxation (either meditation, yoga, or just sitting quietly) and doing the things you love.

I don't think you have to entirely cut out alcohol and caffeine, but definitely limit the amount you have. A couple of glasses of red wine every now and then is still said to be good for you ;)

I also take fish oil and multi-vit :)
Postby lauralou » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am

If you are on antibiotics, the infection you have is bacterial (sorry if you already figured that one out!).

Comets suggestions are spot on. Another thing to add to the list above is making sure you get enough sleep.

Also, wash your hands. A lot. With soap.
Washing with water won't necessarily get rid of any viruses or bacteria that you have picked up on your hands, so soap is your best bet. I know its not immune boosting, but you can't get sick it the bugs don't get it! I touch my face all the time, its a habit, so washing my hands constantly is really important if I don't want to pick up every single thing going around.

Beware of the following "natural remedies". Although not dangerous, there is NO scientific evidence that they work and you may just be wasting your time and money taking them.
1. Echinachea
2. Vitamin C (almost no one in Aus in deficient, and if you take an excess you just wee it out)
3. Garlic (although garlic does in fact boost your immunity to viruses in particular, it HAS to be raw. Cooking or processing it into tablets destroy the active ingredient)

Hope that helps :)
Postby lauralou » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:37 pm

RockabillyWife wrote:Huh. So antibiotics only work on bacterial infections? I didn't know that. I need to brush up on medical things I think.

Yup.
and then antivirals are for viral infections and antifungals for fungal infections.

That's why a doctor should never give you antibiotics for a virus like a cold or flu, as it won't do anything to the virus. (the only exception is if you get a secondary bacterial infection because the virus weakened your immune system).

Over prescription of antibiotics when not needed is one major reason why we are running out of antibiotics that work, coz over time the bacteria build up a resistance to them.
That's also why you should ALWAYS finish a course of antibiotics, even if the bacterial infection is gone and you are feeling better. You want to make sure you kill all of the bugs, and not risk leaving some of the ones that are a bit stronger to survive because they didn't get a long enough dose. (if I'm making any sense :lol: )
Postby sweetpeas » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Great insights here!

I read somewhere that spending time in a steamy shower helps a great deal. :)
I realized that buying a wedding dress was not as simple as getting some womens clothes or womens dresses. But it was worth it in the end and I am so excited!
Postby Linda12 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 pm

These are absolutely the right things to be avoid,They are harmful for the health i am glad that you have highlighted something like that.
It's kinda basics which we should know cutting the mentioned things can surely help us in boosting immune system.
Postby bignell91 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Eating different kind of colorful vegetables is just one easy way to naturally strengthen your immune system. Daily exercise eases tension and stress and enhances immune function. Take vitamins and supplements to help strengthen your immune system. Be happy and sleep well.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Login