The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Chat to other parent's about Stages of Development; Eating; Sleeping; Temper Tantrums;

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Postby Baby_Butterfly » Tue May 22, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi ladies,

I'm going to Sydney in a few weeks to see family and friends (Alexander will be 3 months old) and was wondering if anyone has any tips on flying with a baby. I'm a bit worried about how he'll cope with the air pressure but I'm assuming if I give him a feed or the dummy when we are decending, he should be okay.

Thanks to anyone in advance with any advice!!
Postby Stormy » Tue May 22, 2012 5:05 pm

That's probably all you can do. Try to time his feed so he is sucking on the way up and the way down, or sleeping at those times hopefully.

BTW how are things going? Hope you and the gorgeous little guy are well!!
Postby purpleorchid » Wed May 23, 2012 3:32 pm

wow almost 3 months!!! i will be watching this thread cause we have to fly when the little guy will be somewhere between 8 or so weeks i think!

Angel bub-25/4/2011- 7weeks 2 days
Postby Baby_Butterfly » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi ladies!

Just an update re: flying with bubs. He loved the plane ride!! And was such a charmer, smiling at all the women haha. I few in the morning when he is in the best mood and he was such a good boy! He didn't grumble once. The airhostesses were so helpful and attentive. They went all goo goo over Alexander hehe. I even got comments from other passengers about how good he was.

My tips would be to book a flight in the time of the day where bub is at his/her best, travel with familiar toys to keep them distracted if they are getting bored and definately have a dummy or two on hand for assending and desending. It will help them with their ears from popping. That's probably what I was most concerned about and he was fine thank goodness! It didn't bother him at all, Make sure that they don't have a cold before hand either as that might hurt their little ears. Feeding them on the way up and down helps as well with the sucking action. FYI, the airline are also really good with heating up a bottle too :)

Also, choose a seat near the back of the plane if possible. I found that if the flight isn't full, you are more likely to have the seat next to you free (which happened to me - so I was able to spread out a bit!).

On the way back, it was in the evening and he slept the entire way. Bliss!!

I few Qantas and they allowed you to check in a stroller/caspsule for free which is fab!

And yep, we are doing great!! I can't believe my cute little spunk of a baby is 3 months now!!!!! Time flies when you're having fun! :D
Postby Stormy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:35 pm

OH YAY - I'm glad the flights went well. It sounds like you're having a great time with Alexander and being a Mum!!
Postby Baby_Butterfly » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:06 am

Yeah he is a lot of fun. He is growing so quick though and at that age where he is discovering different parts of his he will stare at his fists for ages and then learn to grab things or fling his arms and legs around. Such a cute age!!!

The smiles are the best though - I live for them! :D

Hope you are going well! WOW not long to go before you'll have your own bubba!!!!
6 posts Page 1 of 1