The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Chat to other parent's about Stages of Development; Eating; Sleeping; Temper Tantrums;

19 posts Page 2 of 2 1, 2

Postby Comet1998 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I think the questions you have to ask yourself on this topic is this -

Is there any chance that in the future (I'm talking distant future where your at a stage when it's too late to have more) that you will look back and say "I wish I had another one" or regret the decision not to have another?

Because I guarantee that if you do have another you will not look back and wish you didn't.... even if you do end up with twins again!

Food for thought. I ponder on it daily and am trying to get FH to see my point!
Married the man of my dreams on 24th March 2012

My Show & Tell: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34440
My Big Day Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36324
Postby kylo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 pm

I am of the opinion that if you're done having babies, you know you're done .. and if you're not sure then you're probably not done!
Your other option is to maybe just let nature take its course and see what happens .. don't necessarily TRY to conceive, but don't actively PREVENT pregnancy all the time
And you'll get whatever you get (single, twins, 4 yr gap, bigger gap, boy, girl, c-section, natural birth) and you'll deal with it beautifully because as a mum/parent you DO just deal with whatever you have to
Good luck with whatever you decide and whatever happens!!
** Together since 2002, sons born November 2007 and July 2009, finally married 2012 after 10 years **
Postby jessh09 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Thanks for all your replies guys :D
I do think i want to try for another. There are a lot of reasons for that. I have a good friend who is a twin (she has a brother) and they are the only children. She said she always wished she had younger siblings so i think that is swaying my decision as well. Maybe Im just coming up with excuses coz i want another one :rofl:

MY S&T: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35703
Postby rebecca08 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Jess

I say if you want to try for another baby that's cool just consider things from all ways and if you still want to then do it. In regards to the age gaps I will say that thereis a 4 year age gap between myself and my sister (I'm older) and the same with my DH and our parents both found it easier to have kids this far apart as we were a bit more independent by the time bub 2 came along which will help you out.

Best of luck :luv1:
Rebecca xx
Engaged 5/3/11
Married 18/3/12 - Outdoor ceremony & cocktail reception
Mum to DD born 16/10/12
Postby jessh09 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks Bec :) It seems crazy to me that people are wanting to have another as soon as they have had their first. But having 2 so close for me is just chaotic!!!
We're going to leave it at least until after the wedding. Im about to start working from home and need to sign a 1 year contract. Becoz Im not sure what i will want to do after if i do have another baby (in regards to work) im thinking ill get that year out of the way before i possibly go on maternity leave again.
But who knows! Maybe the twins wont be so full on this time next year and I wont be so hesitant at having another :)

MY S&T: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=35703
Postby seaweed » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I am really glad that you have realised that it is really something that is deep in your soul, and that there is another 1 or 2 babies waiting for you. I have fraternal twins, a boy and girl. They were the only multiple pregnancy that I had out of 8. I knew when I wanted another one, but I also knew when it was time to stop. You will too. If you leave enough time between the twins and your next one, they will be more of a help than a worry and you will enjoy time with your new baby when they are at Kinder.
Postby Danmel15 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Follow your heart and your head.

My mum had a girl, then she wanted a boy and got me, tried again and got triplets. She had 5 under 4 but wouldn't change a minute of it for the world.

I haven't got kids yet but I know that I don't not want them. So will definitely be having them (if we are able to). My partner and I have been together for nearly 9 years and we still don't feel ready but we don't feel not ready. If it happens then great is our mind set at the moment.

This post was really useless! Sorry! :flwr:
Postby MrsR2012 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:45 am

Im currently TTC. Not charting or going mad at TTC but we are certainly not preventing it either :)

I have always stood firm with the 2 kids rule. I was an only (blood) child and hated it. My husband is the younger of 2 and still hated it haha

My step sister on the other hand, had 2. Her pigeon pair. Went for a 3rd and final and wound up with twin boys. To make matters worse she then got with a new partner and somehow made a 5th which is a girl. So it can go either way!!

For us, our decision for 2 only is based on :

Size of home. We want our kids to have their own room, 4brd is us, 2 kid and a study.
Size of car - We dont want to be buying a Kia Carnival or Tarago to get our family around.
Education - How much can we honestly afford ? I went to private school. Waste of money if you ask me. We are all for public school. But - of course there are added expenses there
We already save towards our future kids. Can we save for 2 or more ?

Personally. Its about how much time you have to dedicate to each child. I have friends with 4 kids and only in my experience, they shouldnt be parents of 4! their kids are naughty! I figure its mostly from lack of attention. Dad gets home, sits on the couch and whinges he is tired and mum is so exhausted from yelling NO all day she sits on the couch and says shes tired. Yet. My husband goes round and plays "aeroplanes" and ball and all sorts of things and they are angels. I realise its always hell towards the parents, never to the visitor but none of the kids get 1 on 1 time, homework help, play time etc. Im sure it affects them !

Postby KattNWozz » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 am

Heres my two cents worth lol

Do it!!! And do it before the age gap gets too big!!!! And relax...whatever will be will be re c section or twins or single birth :)

My first two are 25months apart, that's a great age gap for them.

This one there will be an 8 year age gap between her and our youngest.

Because i feel strongly i do not want her to be bought up without a sibling close to her in age, i will try for another one.

Goodluck though :)
KattNWozz's S&T

Belly Buddy is Kylo!!
19 posts Page 2 of 2 1, 2