The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Chat to other parent's about Stages of Development; Eating; Sleeping; Temper Tantrums;

27 posts Page 3 of 3 1, 2, 3

Postby Pluggers » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:10 pm

hmm I thought you might say that :sob: Looks like we'll be doing a visit to the pharmacy tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
Postby NikkS » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Has anyone had any experience with being bitten????? Lila is almost 11 months. She has 2 teeth at the bottom, and only has 2 breast feeds a day, one first thing in the morning and the other before bed...
The morning feed is fine, she isnt naughty at all. The night feed is a different story. She will feed for a few sucks and then smile, and bite the end of my nipple. I say NO and take her off and try to let her forget and then we go back and the same thing happens, on both sides. she has ended up going to bed without a couple of nights this week now which i know isnt good. She has only ever had bm, but will drink from a bottle. I dont really want to express as im hoping to wean at 12 months, plus im hopeless at it. Is it a case for the health nurse? should i try formula for the night feed?
Uggghhh I dont know what to do, it frikkin hurts lol. The hardest part is tho that she thinks it so funny, i have to try not to laugh!!!
Postby kylo » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 pm

NikkS wrote:Has anyone had any experience with being bitten?????

I fed both of my boys till they were 15 mths and had biting issues with each for about a week
The parenting helpline here in SA advised that I act really hurt (big 'ow' and even pretend to cry .. and actually not much acting required most times .. I know it really does hurt!), say 'no biting', hand baby off to someone else and leave the room for a few minutes
Luckily it only took about a week (and not every feed) before the biting stopped .. but it's very hard to sit down for the feed and relax if you're half expecting a sharp nip .. becomes a bit of a vicious cycle where you don't have the let-down cos you're not relaxed, and baby isn't getting the milk quick enough so they nip
Definitely worth asking the child health nurse or phoning ABA if you need support .. good luck .. hope you can get it sorted quick!
** Together since 2002, sons born November 2007 and July 2009, finally married 2012 after 10 years **
Postby NikkS » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:11 pm

Thankyou very very much for your replies :flwr: :flwr:
Postby Pluggers » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm wondering if anyone can help me please? In the last week or 2 I have noticed that my right breast doesn't seem to be producing as much, particularly compared to my left. It's to the point that there is even a significant size difference - almost 2 cup sizes! Yesterday I gave Maddie a bottle of EBM and she had a little top up from the right after that and then I expressed and I got 100mL from the left and I would have been lucky to get 10mL from the right. I have tried putting her on the right first more often so she's hungrier but she gets cranky with it quickly and I have to change sides. I think perhaps the flow is to slow and she has to work harder on that side. I have been expressing twice a day after feeds and today I am expressing just from the right after every feed. Is there anything else that I can be doing to build it up again? I have enough milk for her between both but I would like to even it up a little if possible.
Any suggestions?
Postby Prudie » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 am

do you have a lactation nurse you can see? my hossy had one and i had several appointments with her.

i was taught to squeeze the breast slowly whilst feeding to try and get more milk from the breast.

i was also put on motilium - perscription medication to increase supply - and once i was off that, i have been taking fenugreek which is a herbal supplement.
Postby Krys » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Hey Ladies,

just wanted to post up somethng I learnt whilst in hospi and I wished I'd known sooner.. Mark & I had trouble attaching and as a result I ended up with an extremely sore right nipple. I was taught to express some milk onto it, let it air dry and then put on some Lanisoh cream. What I didn't know was that you should only put on the tiniest of tiniest little bit of lanisoh cream, JUST enough to slightly moisturise the nipple -- too much and it makes your nipple soft and it hurts more (and trust me, it does!) its good stuff in small doses!

27 posts Page 3 of 3 1, 2, 3