The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Show and tell your wedding plans in photos.

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Postby Pandora » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:27 am

I lost complete access to my old user name so I've created a new account so some of this may look familar!

The Engagement
We got engaged on the 15/7/12 - FH organised to take me on all of our first days and then as we walked along the beach at dusk he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I had absolutely no idea even though both my parents were in on it the whole time. We wanted to have a long engagement so that we could a) save for the wedding and b) FH wanted to finish his apprenticeship.

The Ring

The Date
Sunday 5 October 2014
We picked a Sunday mainly because of the cost and that its the Sunday of the long weekend so our guests still have the Monday to recover and its not straight back to work. However I have since been told that its the NRL grand final day..... :roll:

The Ceremony
Northern Illawarra Uniting Church
Both of us wanted to get married in a church but I really struggling to find a church that we both liked (and wasn't Catholic). We finally found this one at Bulli which I love because of the sandstone and stained glass, with an awesome minister as well. We met him on the weekend and got to see the church is person!
The photos really don't do it justice but you get the general idea.

The Reception
City Beach Function Center
As we got engaged on the rocks at City Beach - the reception was a no brainer! Its a gorgeous venue overlooking the water at City Beach, Wollongong. Again the photos don't do it justice!

More to follow!
Postby Pandora » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Colour Scheme
Purple & Silver/White

THE DRESS
My dream dress was the 4th wedding dress I've ever tried on! It wasn't what I thought I would wear but now having found it I couldn't picture myself wearing anything else. I was suprised it was so easy to find a dress, I thought it was going to take months which is why I went shopping with 13 months to go!
Sophia Tolli - Jillian
Except mine has a white sash instead of the purple one - I found the purple one cut me in half a little?
I absolutely love it - even though it was over budget I figured I only get one wedding dress and this one was so perfect.
Postby Wirly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

What a wondeful proposal !

Really really like the church & reception venue you have chosen !!

Wowzers what a dress! Agree with swapping the sash for white!

Oh & your colour scheme - gorgeous !!!!! So many ideas are in those pics !!!!
Postby JadeLouise » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:18 pm

I LOVE HTE PURPLE ON BLACK TABLES! i think it so classy! and you say swap for a white sash, but I really do enjoy the pop of colour around your waist, perhaps you could find something that is a little more subtle ... mostly white with a nice light purple pop?

:luv1:Together Since: 03/07/2009
:luv1:Engaged: 03/07/2012
:luv1:Wedding Date: 10/05/2014

:luv1:Our show and Tell: Click Here
Postby Pandora » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you ladies! I'm really starting to get excited. We have already been engaged for 14 months so I really want to move onto the next step.

Just booked in a photobooth too for an awesome price so that should provide some fun entertainment for our guests :)

I'm waiting for FH to nut out who he wants as groomsmen so I have a number to work on and I can start to pick my girls.
Postby ExcitedBride2B » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:27 am

Oh wow where to even start? That church is AMAZING, I love the reception venue next to the beach! Love your colour scheme, that dark shade of purple is absolutely gorgeous and that DRESS :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung: :mung:

:vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy: :vhappy:
Jenz!

Postby SexyDexie » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:21 am

A beautiful church its amazing. I love the purple theme of the wedding. The ring is beautufil also.
Goodluck to your wedding. I think this the most beautiful theme that i have seen. Good choice and I also greet the reception it so nice and elegant how I wish I had that same wedding of yours. :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1:
Postby Pandora » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:06 pm

4 months to go - so exciting but its also starting to make me nervous.

Here is a quick update of what we have so far:
My Shoes

My Bouquet - the BM will have the same flowers with white

Invitations

The Cake

The Wishing Well for Cards

Bridesmaid Dresses

Garter (something blue)
Postby .Rissa. » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Ooooooo everything is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Login