The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Any questions or advise on ceremonies and celebrants

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Postby Magestia » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi all!!
Me and my partner would love to involve our mums in the ceremony some how, not give them a job but something to honor them. My dad will walk me down the aisle, and our siblings are going to be our witnesses, but we can't think of anything special for our mums to include them in the ceremony. My partners mum raised him as a single mother so it feels important to include her.
Any suggestions?
Postby cherie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:50 pm

what about a candle ceromony, where you mothers light the family candles and then you light the center candle from each family candle.

otherwise you could get them to do a reading together.
Love blooms in the heart, there it grows forever
Postby seaweed » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:08 am

Or the sand ceremony, where each mum would pour sand into a container to combine your families as one.
Postby emma_g30 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:05 pm

We wanted to include our mothers somehow too..

My mum walked me down the aisle, but then during the ceremony we did the last kiss before the first kiss with out mums, and thanked them for everything they have done (raising us as single parents).
Postby vanessakate86 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:59 am

We had our florist put two extra roses at the back of my bouquet and had the celebrant say a little bit about how we want to acknowledge our mothers and all they've done for us and how special they are to us in the ceremony and presented them with a rose each. You could do that. Plus as they're extra flowers and at the top at the back you don't have to have them the same as your bouquet, or you could have them sitting seperately and give them. We just had them in the bouquet, as my bouquet was white roses, singapore white and blue orchids so it fit. Plus you can then research flowers and there meanings so you know you're giving them the one that expresses what you want. (White and pink roses with no thorns mean protection, love, and something else but I can't remember)
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Login