The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Chat about your bridal party and Groom's attire? Ask others for advice here.

31 posts Page 3 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4

Postby cheels » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I want to post in appreciation of my MOH, my sister who has multiple times dropped everything to help me with my wedding planning. Which is hard as i live in a different country to where im getting married.
She has a very sick baby but still offers to help me, chases people up for me and has planned my entire hens.

I love her and just wanted to appreciate her :text-woo:
Engaged: 02-08-2010 Wedding: 07-07-2012
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]
[/url]
My S&T http://www.easyweddings.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=32494
Postby blue_eyed_girl » Wed May 23, 2012 4:20 pm

This post is for my amazing MOH.
She has been fantastic, she will listen to me talk non stop about weddings and when i'm feeling anxious and overwhelmed she is there to listen and has the right thing to say.
She has taken full control of my hens planning and said i have way to many things to organise so this is "her project" i cant wait to see what she has planned.
I dont know if i could be this calm with out her.
xxx Blue Eyed Girl xxx
MY BIG DAY -http://www.easyweddings.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37872&p=590058#p590058[/b][/color]
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com/]
[/url]
Postby seaweed » Thu May 24, 2012 5:58 am

After all the bad posts about b/m's this is so lovely to read how wonderful some b/m's & MOH are. Thank you posters.
Postby blue_eyed_girl » Thu May 24, 2012 10:45 am

seaweed wrote:After all the bad posts about b/m's this is so lovely to read how wonderful some b/m's & MOH are. Thank you posters.

I love this thread too :)
xxx Blue Eyed Girl xxx
MY BIG DAY -http://www.easyweddings.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37872&p=590058#p590058[/b][/color]
[url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com/]
[/url]
Postby Nel » Fri May 25, 2012 1:34 pm

One of my bridesmaids has already been a great help, almost everyday emailing me with new links to dresses, bomboneiries etc and said she has hens night ideas and she has said many times she doesn't care what type of dress as it's my wedding. I appreciate her saying that so I'm going to let both my BM's choose their dress style, I'm not going say there is a certain style they HAVE to have.

I am also going to make them Bridesmaid singlets.
And prob buy a few other little things along the way.
Postby ExcitedBride2B » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:07 am

Ohhhh love this thread!!

My MOH and BM are awesome, MOH will without fail, come anywhere and everywhere with me (even though I dont even expect her to) and BM who lives interstate excitedly emails me ideas and listens to my crazy frenzing :D :D
Jenz!

Postby alexandrawr » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:03 pm

:bump: :bump: :bump:

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THREAD!

After all the bad scary stories it's amazing to see some brides have amazing BM & MOH! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

I have 2 MOH because I couldn't choose just one with both having different jobs delegated! One is horribly busy with work and often not in the mood to discuss wedding things- she's argumentative and fantastically honest and really helps me make decisions I find hard. While the other is frantic with two jobs but will always agree with me or ease everything with kind words! Despite both girls living interstate, I know I can count on them! :mung:
(sooky thread I know but I had to say it! :P :rofl: )
First date - 22 October 2010
Engaged- 1 February 2012
Wedding - 21 July 2013
Postby seaweed » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 am

Not sooky at all, I don't think that we say the things that we are feeling enough. Do you know how wonderful it feels to know that you are being appreciated, that what you have done is valuable. I have been known to tell a complete stranger how lovely they look, or that I like something of theirs. My dh thinks that sometimes I am gushy, but isn't it strange that he doesn't think that when I am telling him. lol. If it is not said out loud to the appropriate person it is a waste of an emotion and a missed opportunity.
Postby lala_lollipop » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 am

Gotta give a lot of love to my not-maid of honor lol. With the 'old' wedding plans my FSIL was my MOH, now we've changed everything to a surprise wedding and not having a bridal party, she's still taking on all her duties as MOH but with no expectations other than to help FH and I pull off what turned out to be a harder set of plans than a 'standard' wedding. She's dedicated time during her own poor health and that of her own DH gladly. She's emailed and txt'ed me deals and ideas shes come across that although arent her style, are mine completely. Love her to bits :luv1:
Postby mrcm » Wed May 15, 2013 12:12 am

my beautiful niece was my MOH, she went above and beyond to be the miracle working in keeping me calm and helping with everything that was and wasnt asked of her.

she sent me her wedding decorations for the lunchtime reception
organised chocolates and favour boxes for the guests (something I wasnt going to do)
helped calm my nerves and listen to me rant when things were going pear shaped in the week leading up to the wedding
flew from WA to be at the wedding, and only months after a operation
finally the most amazing thing she did for me was arrange for herself, my other niece and my daughter in law to make our wedding cake and cupcakes when the baker who I had booked got the dates wrong and didnt have the cake ready the night before our wedding.

all this and she works full time, helps out with her husbands business and has two young children under the age of 4.

Shes my angel and I love her to bits
met: 17/07/2010
engaged: 22/02/2011
getting married: 11/05/2013

31 posts Page 3 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4

PreviousNext

Login