i hope that this assists you to clarify who is who on the day..
The most important thing is to remember it’s you and your partners special day you don’t have to follow tradition it’s about you both just enjoying every moment..
wishing you you both a great lasting experience.
The wedding party includes:
- Maid of Honor or Matron of Honor or Bride's Honor Attendant
- Bridesmaids or Bride's Attendants
- Best Man / Best Woman / Groom's Honor Attendant
- Bride's Parents: Mother of the Bride and Father of the Bride
- Groom's Parents: Mother of the Groom and Father of the Groom
- Flower Girl
- Ring Bearer
- Pages / Train Bearer
Traditional Roles of The Wedding Party
- The wedding party helps the couple with various wedding planning tasks such as addressing invitations, running errands, craft projects, and more. The couple may seek advice from their wedding party in order to help make important wedding decisions.
- Members of the bridal party are often asked to wear certain attire (bridesmaids dresses or tuxedos) as requested by the couple to indicate their involvement in the ceremony.
- The wedding party helps the bride and groom get ready on the wedding day, calming their nerves and making them feel comfortable.
- The wedding party typically takes formal photos with the couple either before the ceremony or during the cocktail hour for the couple's wedding album.
- Often, the wedding party is seated at special tables at the reception, either with the newly-married couple or close by.
- The wedding party serves as a support system to the couple in their new marriage, encouraging their love and helping them see through arguments and fights long after the wedding day.
- Sometimes, the wedding party will plan special events for the couples, such as bridal showers, bachelor or bachelorette parties, or even wedding night surprises.
- Your wedding party is often considered to be quite involved in your wedding planning process. They will likely dedicate a notable amount of time and possibly money to participate in your day, so it's important to thank your wedding party for all their assistance throughout the process. Make sure to properly thank your wedding party for all of their hard work and to show your appreciation for their support and friendship.