Kaye McGrath

1 5 5.0
(5 reviews)
Service Area
Melbourne / Yarra Valley / Dandenong Ranges
Business Hours
7 Days by Appointment
Click to show


question has been submitted to Easy Weddings for review.

Something went wrong, please try again soon.

Where do we start?

When most couples start looking for a marriage celebrant, they have no idea where to start. You ask the question should our ceremony be long, short, funny or formal. There are many types of ceremonies, some where family and friends can be involved.


I would love the opportunity to meet you and discuss ways in which we can create the wedding that is true to you in a way that is beautiful and memorable. The ceremony we design together can be as simple or as elaborate as you wish, and you may want it to contain readings, music or maybe you have been to a wedding lately and have seen some other element that you would like in your ceremony.

What are the legal requirements for a marriage in Australia?

1. You must be 18 years of age. If one person is under age marriage is still possible by parental consent as per section 12 of the marriage act.


2. A Notice of Intended Marriage (N.O.I.M) must be lodged with a celebrant at least one calendar month prior to the wedding ceremony. I can prepare the N.O.I.M for your signatures and I will witness it. I must sight your original birth certificates if born in Australia, or a passport if born overseas. If parties are born overseas and are unable to obtain a birth certificate, a statutory declaration can be used.


Foreign language documents must be translated into English and a NAATI accredited Translation Certificate supplied. If either has been previously married, I will need to sight the Divorce papers, or Death certificate if applicable.

When should I play the music?

As your guests arrive, entrance of the bride, signing of the certificates, when the bride and groom depart as husband and wife, and when the guests congratulate the happy couple.

The music your choose for your wedding day is very personal. Your music may be live, a CD or USB as I have a PA system for your convenience.

How do we go about organising an application for a Marriage Visa / Fiance Visa?

I can help you with your application for a Fiance Visa, by writing a letter to the Australian Immigration Department. There is a booklet available which gives you a lot of information about partner migration.

What does your fee include?

My marriage ceremony costs include all meetings, email and phone discussions, completion and lodgement of your Notice of Intended Marriage, preparation of other legal documents, taking the legal responsibility for your wedding ceremony.


Your feedback is always important and I am happy to help with any questions which may arise after your wedding.

Can we do family readings?

Readings are a wonderful way to involve family and friends in your ceremony. It is a perfect way to include people you want to be a part of your ceremony. It may be a poem or some special words a family member has written. There are also many readings you may like to download, that represent the happy couple and what they mean to you.

Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Win a honeymoon on us!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!
* Competition Excludes ACT

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.