Sema Keles Marriage Celebrant

(25 reviews)
Service Area
Sydney & Surrounds
Business Hours
7 days
Click to show

Questions and Answers

question has been submitted to Easy Weddings for review.

Something went wrong, please try again soon.

What documenets do we need to bring on our first visit?

Under the Marriage Act 1961 there are certain legal obligations that you, as a couple must meet prior to a marriage ceremony being solemnised.

Your celebrant will ask for:

  • Original Birth Certificate from country of Birth.
  • Overseas or Australian Passport if Birth Certificate is unavailable.
  • Photos ID e.g. Drivers Licence.
  • Divorce Certificate if previously married.
  • Death Certificate if previous spouse passed away.

Can we get married straight away?

No, you will need to seek approval from your local court. It is called ‘Shortening of Time.’ The reason must fall within one of these categories for it to be granted.

  • Employment related or other travel commitments.
  • Wedding or celebration arrangements, or religious considerations.
  • Medical reasons
  • Legal proceedings.
  • Error in giving notice.

Other than the above circumstances, you will need to wait 1 month before you can get married.

What happens to the NOIM form once its signed?

The NOIM Form stays with the celebrant and is sent within 14 days after the wedding to the Registrar of Births Deaths and Marriages in the State where the wedding took place along with the Marriage Certificate which has the declaration, on the back.

Can we write our own vows?

Yes, some couples like to do this while others prefer to choose theirs from either their celebrant’s resource selection or they can go online and choose from literally hundreds of great websites.

Legally you will both need to say this “I call upon the people here present to witness that I (bride’s name/groom’s name), take you, (groom’s name/bride’s name) to be my wedded (husband/wife)” before you commence your own vows.

What if I cant find my divorce papers?

You can contact the Family Law Court in the state your marriage was dissolved and they will issue you with a new Divorce Certificate for a small fee.

Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Win a honeymoon on us!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!
* Competition Excludes ACT

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.