Helen Pickering Celebrant

(1 review)
Service Area
Hunter Valley  View Map
Business Hours
Mon-Sun 9am-9pm
Click to show

Expert Advice

As a wedding professional, Helen Pickering Celebrant offers expert advice to help couples plan their perfect day. Ask a question or read their expert advice.

Can I get married in a church if Im not religious?

Im worried about the weather so Im looking for an indoor ceremony venue. Theres a church right next door to my mum's house so I thought I might have it there. But Im not religious. Can I have a civil ceremony in a church??

Helen Pickering Celebrant

You would have to check with the church and sometimes they may require you to do a short course. You dont have to be religious to be married in a church generally but each church may have its individual regulations. Best wishes, Helen Pickering CMC

Can I request my celebrant to wear a certain colour or outfit?

I've seen some awful clashing outfits and celebrants in white etc... is it rude to ask them to wear a particular colour or style? I don't know if I'm taking it way too far haha. But I want everything to look good! It is my wedding day, after all :)

Helen Pickering Celebrant

Hi Keira

I would not mind as a Marriage Celebrant to be asked to wear a specific colour or style (except nude). I usually wear black as it is elegant and neutral and would not contrast with bridesmaids. I think it is a good idea if you are having a particular theme. Best wishes Helen Pickering CMC

How do I change my name when I get married?

How does it all work?

Helen Pickering Celebrant

Hi Lucy

After the wedding ceremony the Celebrant will present you with a Certificate of Marriage and then send all your relevent details to the State Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages. You will then have to apply for the formal certificate which usually takes about 6 weeks to enable you to change your name officially for passports, bank accounts. etc. You can do this on line at www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

In the meantime, you may use your new married name. Best wishes, Helen Pickering CMC

How early can I file my marriage documents?

Should begin ASAP or does it not matter as long as it's a month prior to the wedding?

Helen Pickering Celebrant

Hi Mariana

You may file your Notice of Intended Marriage 18 months prior to your wedding date. Best wishes, Helen Pickering CMC

We have friends that are getting married after us and have invited us, do we need to invite them too?

They're my fiance's friends, I really don't know them very well at all. I haven't spent any time with them and they don't seem important in his life. He hasn't mentioned inviting them, but it seems like the right thing to do. Our wedding is going to be very limited though, about 60 people with half of those being my family. Not sure if we're obligated to invite them or not.

Helen Pickering Celebrant

In my opinion, it would not be necessary to invite them as the wedding guest list is limited and usually includes family and close friends.

All the best, Helen Pickering CMC

Is it ok to use the same Celebrant that our friends used?

What are your thoughts on using the same celebrant that a friend used? Have you experienced this before?

Helen Pickering Celebrant

Hi Kate

It would be perfectly acceptable to use a celebrant that your friend had chosen. It means that you were impressed with the Celebrant and she performed a ceremony that you liked. There would also be a common thread there. I am sure your friend would be flattered that you chose the same celebrant. Enjoy your wedding and pre wedding celebrations.

Warm regards

Helen Pickering CMC

Why enquire through Easy Weddings?

Exclusive deals

Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.

Wedding cash giveaway!

Simply let us know which Easy Weddings' suppliers you've booked. Once verified, you'll get entries into the draw for your chance to win!

Quick response

Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.