ah! Finally I found the adelaide thread! people kept telling me it existed, but no one could direct me to it
original date was sept 2012, but due to some family debates it has been moved to sept 10 2011, which means I am now starting to head into crazy planning freak out mode.
I am planning the wedding from Switzerland, which is also making it more difficult, and so looking through the suppliers etc you girls have listed has already been a big help.
- sept 10 2011ceremony location
- Stangate Housereception location
- still 'discussing' trying to combine swiss tradition with western culture.colour scheme
- neutrals at the moment, but this will depend on what happens with the BMs dresses.BMs/MoH
- my MoH cannot make it to the wedding now the date has changed which has thrown me through a loop a little and so i am still trying to decide on my BMs and MoH but I will have my little sisters (12 and 14) as jnr BMs/attendants.GM
- FH two best friends from Switzerlanddress
- not 100%, have another fitting next week to try on a few more different styles, but almost certain it will be the Maggie Sottero - Madison Marie. Hair
- if going with the MS dress then it will be up, but very loose, with a low bun, FH is pushing for half up half down though. Still need to find someone to do the hair though, very difficult from OS, and once I am back in Aust I will be living in Melbourne so not making it any easier Make-up
- need to find someone in Adelaide- recommendations HIGHLY appreciated!!!Photographer
- battling this with FH atm, we are both into photography, but both have different styles, which means we like different photographers, again ANY suggestions, recommendations etc HIGHLY welcome!!
the other big thing that I need some advice on is accomodation, more than half of the guests will be coming from out of Adelaide, most from Overseas, and others from other states and NZ so we need to work out practical and affordable accomodation for everyone.
also some suggestions of fun or interesting things for them to do when in Adelaide??
we have decided (kind of) on how we will manage to combine the two cultures for the reception, it will be a dinner with the close family, friends and those who have travelled from overseas.. we don't have exact numbers yet, but we would be looking at in between 20-30 and so now I need some suggestions on where to host such a 'reception', it will be more like a sit down dinner that a normal reception, the swiss way, and I really have NO idea where to do such a thing especially as I haven't lived in adelaide for about 5 years!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<a href="http://daisypath.com/"><img src="http://dwdf.daisypath.com/fwx1p1.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Daisypath Wedding tickers" /></a>