The Easy Weddings Forums have now been retired to make way for a brand new discussions area!

Over the years the Easy Weddings forum has been a great place to ask questions, post stories and meet other brides (and grooms).

Unfortunately as our community has grown - the forum has no longer been able to give YOU, the best possible experience on our site.

SO - we've decided to retire the current forums to make way for a simpler, easier and more fun community experience! It's now easier than ever to start a conversation, contribute back to the community with helpful answers or just share your wedding journey with others.

Best of all, the new discussions area uses your existing Easy Weddings account to sign in!

Visit the new Discussions Section

P.S. To all our existing forum users - please note that you will no longer be able to login, post or reply to any topics in the old forum. We encourage you to visit the new discussion section instead. We don't plan on removing any of the old content so you can still dig up any old conversations you may have once had :)

Need help or advice, ask here!

5 posts Page 1 of 1

Postby Jessicame10 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Anyone used oglia loro couture?
Postby Mary S » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:23 am

Hi Jessicame10,

I just had my wedding 26th September 2011 and had my dress made at Oglia Loro Haute Couture by the fabulously talented and humble Sam, his work is amazing a total standout compared to anyone in the industry.

Not only did he make my wedding dress exactly as to what I wanted it to be, but he put a “lot more” work into my dress compared to his sample, I had a lot of beading, lace and crystals he made it work so well. I couldn't have even imagined the dress to be more amazing then it was,

I asked a lot of people in the wedding/dressmaking industry what they thought of Sam's work and all the feedback was 100% positive. He was described by someone as the ‘Prince of DressMaking” lol and another person rated him within the Top 5 designers and dressmakers in Australia.

I went to the main wedding couture boutiques like Connie Simonetti, Judith Valentine, J'Aton (too pricey $22k), Shane McConnell, Crocé & Colosimo, Toni Maticevski, Jason Grech and even popped into Steven Kahlil in Sydney. I really did my homework and the best decision I made was going with Oglia Loro.

He started my dress 6 weeks prior to the wedding and I collected it 4 days before the wedding… Perfect! It fit like a glove.

I hoped this helps.
Postby bride2btm » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks Jessicame10 for posting the question I was also going to ask. Thank you Mary S for such a detailed response! Oglia Loro couture looks devine on the website and will indeed make an appointment. I would be interested in knowing the price ranges of the gowns? In case I need to re-evaluate my budget!
Postby daria_mia06 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:49 pm

hi girls,

i have to agree Sam is a fantastic!! I have just decided on my beautiful Oglia-Loro dress :)) I went to so many different wedding dress designers, and was blown away by his dresses and his amazing attitude...Now i just have to wait 12 months to wear my amazing dress :)
Postby Jessicame10 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 pm

Is he expensive? Do u think he is similar to jaton style?
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Login